cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying the MDM server lock mask codes

0 Kudos

I am trying to write some monitoring scripts for our MDM system and I would like to be able to detect the state of the MDM server/repository based on the entry in the a2i_xcat_dbs.a2i_serverstatus database table. There is a field that looks like it might be interesting - SERVERLOCKMASK. From trial and error I think the following values are correct:

1 - loading / loaded

512 - Archiving

513 - Archive Online

4096 - Verifying

4097 - Verifying Online

Has anyone else done any research on these codes? If so could you please validate/correct what I have here and add additional codes you have observed?

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I actually have some experience on that, and the best is NOT to look at the database tables. You may figure out how it works, but development colleagues are free to change the DB side without notice... And than after an update to the newest version you have to start all over again.

The best solution is simply to go over the MDM APIs. In principle all that information is available from the Java and ABAP APIs.

For the java APIs you should look into the packages com.sap.mdm.repository.commands.GetRepositoryProperties and com.sap.mdm.repository.commands.GetRepositoryPropertiesCommand.

For the ABAP APIs I should look in more detail.

Now a more "gohthic" solution would be to call directly CLIX from Java using java.lang.Runtime, and than uncode the response String in order to get the infos you need...

I hope that Helps...

0 Kudos

Juan,

I agree that the longer term monitoring should be via the api calls and/or the ccms plug-ins and we plan to move in that direction this summer.

I am looking to implement something quick and dirty for the short term. The issue I have with the CLIX interface is that, as far as I know, the useful commands like mdsstatus and repinfo require id's and passwords in the command string (server pw in SP04, and server pw + rep id/pw in SP05). Additionally sometimes the mds.exe process stops responding to new requests (like clix and/or api) during certain activities like archiving or creating repositories.

Thanks,

Paul