cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the manual versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I wanted to ask you guys that, if I study from SAP training manuals which belong to APO 3.0 version, will it create a huge problem for me to give the current APO certification exam?

Or are the questions on the exam so conceptual that it wont make much of a difference?

Please let me know ,

Thanks a lot guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you are trying to take the certification in a version like 3.0, then the 3.0 material is enough. If you are taking the new certification, that also includes PPDS, then you probably are better of getting the most recent material. There are many new topics such as product interchangeability that are not even mentioned in 3.0 material.

My sincere suggestion is to just read the version material you are taking the exam. It is also not a bad idea reading the 3.0 material. But you have a chance of missing some topics. If you have no choice, then go ahead read the 3.0 material and read the missing topics from help.sap.com. The nice thing about new material, after Q2 2005, the material has Q&As at the end of each unit, which I think are more repeated in certification.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for General Knowledge,

Do I need to also study the topics in the material which read 'Optional' in the brackets besides them. Some lessons are termed as Optional, does it mean there would be no questions on them in the certification exam?

Thanks a lot,

Amit,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also pl check the search in the forum. I beleive some regions still offer certification in the APO 3.x version. am not sure... but there would be some entries to this effect under user Visu Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Harish, I will check that out,I dont understand one thing. If I want to give a certification of the older version like say 3.1, how will they allow me to take the certification exam which was offered for APO at that time? Since there is only one exam of SAP APO which I could find on the SAP website, and it was for the 5.0 version.

Which website can provide information on older certifications offered if any? SAP itself?

Thanks a lot for your response. I will do the needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

This is the exam I am going to take, to my dismay, they added PPDS as well to DP and SNP this year. I am going to have a tough time preparing :). Is it allowed to request for private conversations outside the forums in here. As in can I ask anyone to get in touch with me using a private email? Will it break the forum rules?

Thanks a lot for your help anyway.

Regards.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Am not sure if it would be any tougher. The more subjects that are added the more diluted it would be. I believe the PPDS part can also be done if you have some exposure to a real environment.

the wiki here in SDN (hpe you know where to find it) that Somnath has been instrumental in putting up is a wonderful resource and a starting point

I think the Help on sap.com is a decent resource tooand as good as it can get.

also there are some notes in the OSS which will be found if you search using terms "documentation", "Collective note", "consulting" etc.

As for getting in touch outside the forum, there are a few who have their e mail ids on the business card and that, i suppose, means they are open to being contacted. If you put in your email id and ask someone to contact you and someone does then that should be fine too. Its not breaking the rules as long as you dont ask or are sent copyright material

This forum is a good place for posting good doubts you might come upon while preparing. As long as it is not too broad and vague you would get some good replies too

Good Luck

PS: (for my part, i have not done any certification so i might not be able to help in the exam part at least)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is from one of Visu's posts

http://www50.sap.com/useducation/certification/curriculum.asp?rid=251&vid=5

Pl call and check with SAP if they still let you take this

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was extremely helpful information Harish,

I possibly cannot thank you more..

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit -

The certification exams that you give test your basic conceptual knowledge. you are doing the right thing by reading the manual but then you have to be fundamentally clear with your terminology as well as to what are the inputs and what is the process and what is the output of the same.

so keep reading the manual as well as read http://help.sap.com.

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot . I am also using SAP Help. I simply open it and type my query in the search bar.Is there any efficient or smart way of using Help? Or is the same thing I do. Search and read.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit -

there is a section on SAP APO on http://help.sap.com. on the SAP business suite tab click on the supply chain management link on your left and you will see all the APO relevant information there on that link.

Also get well versed with PP as its the basis for APO.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit

If you only have 3.0 material you would also be well off by looking at the release notes. Every new release comes with release notes in the online help and describe changes that are from the previous version. So release notes of 3.1 should have changes between 3.1 and 3.0.

So if you have a have a look at the 3.1, 4.1 and 5.0 help you should be able to cover the changes - these are available areawise...

The release notes are fond in the help of the particular version

for eg the 3.1 release notes are here as the last entry on the left navigationbar

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo31/helpdata/en/7e/63fc37004d0a1ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm