cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about ftp server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u r talking file from ftp server then what will be the poll interval for that ftp server.........

as well as if u r talking file from ftp server ..... and many other will also take file from ftp server on same time ....... sometimes when the file is extracted from ftp server...... still it is running ....... so to avoid this what we have to do........

thanks in advance,

jp.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its not the FTP server whcih polls,its the other way round,a sender File communication channel configured to pick the file from that FTP server polls after every polling interval(you set the polling interval in sender adapter configuration).

for your second question looks like you are talking about a deadlock,well first of all why will you configure two separate scenarios to pick up the same file?

the scenarios should be different and must poll into different directories,if you want to keep all the sender file adapter look into same folder,then you have to explicitly specify names of files in sender CC

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thnks for u r reply....... but the file is extracted from ftp server ........ but after extration still the file is reading from ftp server ........ what is the reason behind it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

i m not sure i got you or not:)

is this a zipped file which has been extracted?or there is some sender CC which is picking this file.

if its a sender CC,then inorder to delete this file from the directory in FTP,make sure that the processing mode in the sender File adapter is set to delete

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks ,

i think i got it.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

Please correct me if i'm understanding is wrong, u r saying if ur comm channel is polling file from FTP server, how come others also can poll at a sametime? This is ur question? If not can u please clarify it.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thnks for u r reply....... but the file is extracted from ftp server ........ but after extration still the file is reading from ftp server ........ what is the reason behind it.