cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to activate message interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have message interfaces copied to a different SCV and Namespace from the original SCV and namespace as

1. Message interface which uses external definition message types.

2. Message interface which uses external definition namely the mail package

Both have been ensured to point to the namespace and SCV where they are existing (not poitning the namespace from where they were copied).

When i try to activate them, i am getting the error as :

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Message Interface MI_Master_IB | urn:bp:xi:grst:rm:pf:refdata:fuel:100: Object Message Interface MI_Master_IB | urn:bp:xi:grst:rm:pf:refdata:fuel:100 references the inactive object External Message Mail | urn:bp:xi:dwn:rm:pf:sapappl:fuels:100 | Mail | http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30

Same message is giving for the other also.

All the message types and data types (external definitions in this case) have been activated.

However, i am able to activate the interface mapping and the message mapping which uses the above message interfaces.

Any idea as to how to resolve this ?

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

did you download the mail package in this new SWCV under correct namespace?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have not downloaded the mail package. I copied the mail package which was downloaded as external definition in some other SWCV.

Will this copy cause a problem instead of downloading again ?

Also, there is another interface which is NOT mail package related but that also has external definition copied from a different SWCV and is giving the same problem.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

the copied mail package should work if it points to correct namespace now.also when you copied the message interface did you select the check box which says "copy with dependant objects"?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again. I didn't check the dependent objects. Is it required ?

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough i didn't check to copy the dependent objects, i copied them individually.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if you just copy the message interface,the it will still be pointing to older message type,namespace etc.

try downloading the mail package in this SWCV and also please check once again that all the objects are pointing to correct SWCV and namespace

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Your r correct. They were still pointing to old SWCV, since, i didn't drag and drop the message types from the correct SWCV's in the message interfaces.

Thanks again

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as a word of caution,even i made this same mistake,please dont drag and drop,select it with the help button(the hand button),that makes sure everything is selected correctly

thanx

ahmad