Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the improved forum ...

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Members,

Hope you like the improved functionality of our forums.

This is only the first step, but we think that it is a big one forward and hope you like it too.

Please post your improvement ideas about it here.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Before going through this post, I created a nwe post to provide attachement facility at the time of posting.

Thanks for the other nice features.

-VaibhaV.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great work. The improvements are really helpful.

But I´m missing the business card of the users. Formerly I could see if the answer came from an SAP employee or others.

Thanks so far

Helmut

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

As you can see next to my name, there is a little SAP icon as is next to every SAP employee that is posting on SDN. So you don't even have to check the business card to know whether or not the reply comes from an SAP employee or not.

Hope you like it, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

looks better, has a control Panel...

But it is not SAP Enterprise Portal KM anymore...!?

Anyhow, a sort function would be great, yes. Or at least a "show-me-my-postings-button"...

Why do you not use the same functionaliyt as in SAP Community?? The forums there are very handy...

I think, that some topics need more clustering into sub-topics... (like Portal forums) Everything is mixed up and you get lost in discussion....

Michael

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Anyhow, a sort function would be great, yes. Or at

> least a "show-me-my-postings-button"...

What you can do is click on your name and all of your posts are listed there.

> Why do you not use the same functionaliyt as in SAP

> Community?? The forums there are very handy...

>

Yes they are, but there are some that we wanted and SAP community does not have. For example RSS feeds per forum. (Currently broken, so don't try, will let you know when it is back.)

Hope that helps, Mark.

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> RSS feeds per forum. (Currently broken, so don't try,

> will let you know when it is back.)

"Let you know"! You can read the forum content now with your favorite RSS Aggregator.

Subscribe using the link behind the red RSS icons from the bottom of the screen.

Example: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/jive3/rss/rssmessages.jsp?threadID=4461 is the feed for this particular thread.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/jive3/rss/rssmessages.jsp?forumID=40 is the feed for the SDN Suggestion Forum

If you want to have them all subscribe to:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/jive3/rss/rssmessages.jsp?categoryID=1

Enjoy, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

In EP6 how can I use RSS feeds? I am looking to let my EP6 user community get access to SDN forum posting. I am also interested in allowing Single Sign on to SDN along with our Trex Search be able to connect to SDN for content. Is there a way to do that? Is there a Business Package available for this?

Regards,

Piyush Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

some nice improvements in here now. I'm impressed.

Some extended 'sort by' functionality would be very nice.

Cheers,

rAimund