cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on sender agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why doesnt IDOC and HTTP have a sender agreement?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

IDOC and HTTP doesnt need a sender agreement cause we dont need a sender adpater in both the cases. HTTP adapter resides as a service in WebAS ABAP.

What happens when we define a sender agreement. We specify details like the sender interface, sender service, sender namespace in sender agreement.

Why?

so that when the message comes in integration engine....XI should be able to identify the receiver based on the details we identified in the sender agreement.

In the case of IDOC & HTTP details about the sender like sender service, interface, namespace are part of the payload, ie header details are present.

Regards,

Sumit

ps ; award points if that helped u ..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a sender agreement, you define how the message of a sender is to be transformed so that it can be processed by the <i>Integration Engine </i>

IDOC and HTTP adapter are the only adapters that sits on the ABAP stack (Rest all adapters r on Java stack). So when messages are posted to these adapters, the message directly goes to the <i>Integration Server</i>. They are pushed from the sender to be recognized directly in Integration server.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in special cases,you dont need sender agreement for SOAP as well as Mail.

have a look at my reply in the below thread

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Even XI Adapter also doesn't need sender agreement and Sender Communication Channel like HTTP & IDOC Adapters.Because these adapters stay in ABAP STACK

Remaining other adapers like RFC,FILE,JMS,BC,etc we need to create sender agreement and sender communication channel also including with other creations like receiver agreement, interface determination, receiver determination. Because these adapters stay in JAVA STACK.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/17be55967e4574e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

If you have any doubts, feel free to ask me.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

plz award points if it is helpful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since both are part of the IS pipeline (ABAP), we dont need a sender communication channel but for eg take SOAP adapter which is part of the java stack not part of the IS pipeline we need to have a sender communication channel defined

regards

krishna