cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an installation error i also use the EXPORT DISPLAY=ipaddress:0.0 and export the JAVA_HOME

but still i go the error and i also checked the /etc/services file and no ports are used with this numbers.

This is the error

mysystem:/mnt/ECCLINUX/InstallationMaster/BS_2005_SR2_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_I386 # ./sapinst

[==============================] - extracting... done!

Starting GuiServer using:

/usr/lib/jvm/java/bin/java -cp /tmp/sapinst_exe.7421.1245121537/JAR/instgui.jar:/tmp/sapinst_exe.7421.1245121537/JAR/inqmyxml.jar -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

load resource pool /mnt/ECCLINUX/InstallationMaster/BS_2005_SR2_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_I386/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host mysystem, port 21200 to continue with the installation

mysystem:/mnt/ECCLINUX/InstallationMaster/BS_2005_SR2_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_I386 #

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to display on the same machine as you are executing sapinst or do you try display remotely?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying on same machine.Actually i saw the GUI and due to some error installation on the JCE policy 1.4.2 the installation stopped. So from the next time it is not starting the GUI to install...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting the error

Java.net.connectException:Connection refused

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so you are sure that your X-Server is running on Display :0?

open a new terminal window and execute

echo $DISPLAY

If you have your KDE/Gnome/whatever loaded, it´s not necessary to set DISPLAY, it´s already there.

--

Markus

Answers (0)