cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while deploying a webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a simple welcome webdynpro application in netweaver developer studio .When i go to deploy it by opening the node "applications" and choosing "deploye new archive and run " option from the context menu of my application , it gives an error in the 'deploy output view" of the netweaver developer studio which says " Deployment aborted " . If you double click on the error a window opens up and it gives a description of the error which says " Cannot determine the SDM host(is empty). please configure engine/sdm correctly ".

Also when i click the tab J2EE engine in the netweaver developer studio it shows remote engine sever and branching into N/A and crossed in red. My J2EE engine is running as I am able to see the administration page of the EP.

The netweaver developer studio that I am using is the one that came with the sneak preview of EP 6.0 SP9 and the EP that I am using is 6.0 , the original licensed software.

Can someone please let me know what is happening here ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verify ythe following

C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts.File

Enter machine IP details like "127.0.0.1 localhost" in this file and try.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepak,

I have also installed NDS on my server.So when I go to preferance->SAP J2EE Engine and click on SAP J2EE Enginee installed in Localhost button and then browse I get system name and on clicking that all the three field itself get filled.

I think you should re-install Netweaver Developer Studio and then try again.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the engine is installed on different machine please give the hostname/IP of that machine in the MessageServer Host inputfield .

Using the second radio button you can select the local engine instances.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil ,

Please check my reply to Krishna .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I wonder if your message server port is actually on 3601

Can you navigate to this file C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/services

and search for the string sapms<System name of J2EE> what is the port against it ? . This is the port that needs to supplied against Message Sever Port

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran

This is out of of general curiosity.

The server here in this case is installed on Local Machine i think so when we click on Browse button for the second Radio Button it shuld show the J2E Instance installed.

Correct me if i am wrong.

If Yes then why he is getting error on the same

i have checked the same scenario where my server is installwed on the local System i.e my PC and i am able to get the J2E Instance being populated when i click on Browse and selec J2E.

Regards

Krishna kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna

You are right it should work but only if the <Drive>:/usr/sap is shared as sapmnt( also saploc) . By default it is but share could have been removed

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran ,

I checked for the service which you suggesetd but i could not find any entry there by the name "sapms" . Should I create one with the same port which appears in window for J2EE engine configuration ?

I also checked for the /usr/sap folder. It is shared and sharing names are sapmnt and sapprt . No name as saploc appears. Should i add that ? Are these names case sensitive ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Did you enter the "Message Server Host" and "Message Server Port"?

If not enter and try.

You can enter "Message Server Host" and "Message Server Port" by navigating to the following menu in the NWDS "Window --> preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine".

If you require any further help do let me know.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh ,

I believe I have explored your suggestion as well . You can find the way i did it in my reply to Krishna but it didn't work man . Need more clue urgently !

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check your Port Number in sapJ2ee Engine

and see in the J2EE Engine tab that ur server is running stage

I think that shuld be the Problem

u have to configure the same in window->Preferences->J2EE Engine.

u have to give ur Host and Port Number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna ,

I had a look where you suggested . This does not seem to be the source of the problem . When i choose the SAP J2EE ENGINE from where you suggested , I see two radio buttons .

One says : SAP J2EE engine is installed on remote host and asks to fill the value for the messege server host and mesege server port . The values for these already appear filled .

Messege server host : localhost

Messege server port : 3601

But for me this is not the case as the J2EE engine is installed on the same machine ie localhost .

The other radio button says : SAP J2EE engine is installed on localhost.It has three fields for me to fill . They are

System Name :

J2EE Instance :

SCS Instance :

but the fields appear greyed out . There is a button to browse for the J2EE engine . When i check this radio button and click browse it prompts the following error message .

" No local engine could be found !

Reason : No system could be found under
PORTAL\sapmnt . Please configure your engine as remote host installation . See error log for more information ."

I have checked the portal logs and the console_logs but couldn't find anyhting relevant . Not sure which log files is it asking me to look at .

Guess I need to explore some other area . Which one it is ? Could someone help me out with this ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Even if the WAS is a local installation the remote host is the one that is usually chosen. Try supplying your ip address there instead of localhost.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First let me know when u give J2EE Engine Host and Port Number then u go into Window->ShowView->J2EE Engine

First Check there whether ur server is listed or not and what is its status whether it is running.

The Other option for Local Host shuld be used if u r on the system where ur WAS server is installed then ur Browse option will work displaying your local Host and if u start the Server thr SAP Enterprise Managment Console then there u will have J2EE Instance.

Just let me know

mean while i shall check it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran ,

I did what you suggested . I also restarted my J2EE engine but it didn't work man. I have detailed my reply to Krishna . Kindy go through it and then suggest something .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna ,

I had checked that before as well and I have also mentioned in my original problem that the server does not appear listed .What I can see there is Remote server branching into a node named N/A. This has a circle and a cross in red which evidently says that the server is not running . Why is the netweaver developer studio not able to detect the server .

I am using EP 6.0 SP2 . There is no SAP Management console here . The way my basis administrator has told me to start the server is to go to the path

C:\usr\sap\devp\j2ee\j2ee_00\cluster\dispatcher\

and run go.bat

This starts the server . I can detect the server if running by opening the administration page of the portal which comes from

http://<machine_name>:50000/irj/index.html

This is working fine and this gives me the impression that the server is running .

The problem with the local installation of the WEB AS configuration is something that I have already mentioned in my previous reply to you .

Let me know further suggestions .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

If I am remeber EP 6.0 SP2 uses the 6.20 engine but the J2EE monitoring in NDS works with 6.40 engine in which case you wont be able to use this functionality

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

See I think then the server is not in your machine

so u shuld use the first radio Button option and

give Message server Host name as ur <<Machine Name>> which u r using to see the console Administrator and all

and port as 3601 or for instnace check in the Path where Pran Has mentioned . i think it will be there in the Machine where ur server is installed.

but if the server is installed in your local system

just check the previous post of pran reg Sharing too.

Regards

krishna kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

I think if it is running on Ep 6.0 SP2 which I think is on J2EE 6.20 then the concept of message server and ports doesnt exist. I think the NDSs SAP j2EE monitoring is designed to work on 6.40

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna ,

The server is very much on my machine as the instalallation heppened in my presence . And regarding your query about the sharing of the mentioned folder by Pran , you can check my reply to him above .

Regards

Deexpak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone any update on this . Cmmon guys !

Regards

Deepak Singh