cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resetting context node

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the javadoc for calling IWDContext.reset()...

<i><b>Warning:</b> It is the responsibility of the application developer to ensure that all node and attribute mapping or binding dependencies are deactivated before this method is called.</i>

The javadoc for IWDContext.reset(boolean) says the same warning applies, but also says that by setting the boolean parameter to false, data in node collections created at design time will be preserved.

I've got a view with 2 nodes: NodeA and NodeB. Both nodes are created at design time. NodeA is mapped to a node in the component controller. All of NodeA's attributes are created at design time. NodeB is not mapped. All of NodeB's attributes are created dynamically at runtime.

Do I need to remove the mappings for NodeA at runtime before calling IWDContext.reset(false) - or does this warning apply only to nodes that will be affected?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Its quite evident that the warning is only reserved for context nodes that are to be

changed i.e in the case listed below you dont require to remove any dependencies

for the Node A if you calling the IWDContext.reset(false);.

But if you are calling the same method with the true parameter the warning holds

good.

Regards

Amit

Answers (0)