Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1 HELP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Thanks for helping me before.

I have SAP APO GUI installed on my system, but for some reason nothing loads up when I press the F1 key.It says no documentation available sometimes.I do not know why I cannot see the help when I press the F1 key.

Is there any add-on which I have to install for the help?

Can anyone help me regarding this?

Thanks,

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit -

The problem might be with your internet explorer. does your system have the latest internet explorer on it .

look at the following OSS notes - 981710 and 950975.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Suresh,

Thanks a lot for the reply.Someone I know also told me that it is a setting which has to be done through Basis.I do not if that is true.

Actually, I do not know how to read the OSS notes which u specified. Can you tell me how to access them?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You would need to have an OSS id for accessing OSS notes.

Visit server.sap.com/notes -> enter the note number.

<b>981710:</b>

Symptom

You want to display SAP Web applications in Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0.

Other terms

User interface, browser, BSP, front end, IE, installation, Internet, Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer 7, IE7, IE 7, Microsoft, XP, NetWeaver, portal, SAPGUI for HTML, UI, Web, Web application, Web Dynpro

Reason and Prerequisites

SAP supports Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0.

Solution

Support for the SAP user interface technologies Web Dynpro Java, Web Dynpro ABAP, Business Server Pages is ensured when you use Microsoft IE 7.0. This applies for applications that run on the Micorsoft XP operating system. As of SAP NetWeaver Releases 2004 Support Package 19 and SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Package 10, SAP fully supports end users of SAP standalone Web applications and Web applications of the SAP Enterprise Portal.

For more information about IE 7.0 itself, refer to Microsoft's home page at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/updatemanagement/windowsupdate/ie7announcement.mspx.

Additional information about the SAP release dates is provided via product matrix for NetWeaver 2004 and NetWeaver 2004s (see SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/PAM).

Note that information about browser support for SAP solutions such as CRM, SRM, SCM is available in the availability overview for the relevant solution.

Related Notes

991449 - Web Dynpro and Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0

990763 - HTMLB Handling of Internet Explorer 7

972506 - Known issues with Portal Platform SP18

946470 - Known issues with Portal Platform SP17

912846 - Known issues with Portal Platform SP16

910998 - Known issues with Portal Platform SP15

815318 - PI sheet: layout.xml adjustment for MS Internet Explorer 6.0

759923 - IC WebClient: FAQ Note

612495 - PMC: Runtime error in the PI sheet

481463 - PMC: Support Internet Explorer 5.x and 6.x

<b>950975:</b>

Symptom

After upgrading to Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 you encounter issues in SAP GUI for Windows. Some sections or complete pages are not displayed. Instead you see empty sections (e.g. in transaction SE80 and a number of others).

Other terms

HTML Control; Support for IE7; Internet Explorer 7; No display; Empty HTML page; HTML Viewer; IE7; IE 7; IE 7.0; Microsoft;.SAP GUI for Windows; Internet Explorer 7.0;

Reason and Prerequisites

Release 7 of Internet Explorer is not completely compatible to release 6 and since SAP GUI is using the Internet Explorer in the HTML control which is a part of a number of applications we have to adapt our components to the Internet Explorer 7.

Solution

If you encounter issue with missing information after installing Internet Explorer 7 please apply one of the SAP GUI patches mentioned below (or a newer one):

SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 Patchlevel 64

SAP GUI for Windows 6.40 Patchlevel 20

SAP GUI for Windows 7.10

Related Notes

856741 - Link in HTMLViewer displays 'HTTP 500 Internal Server Error'

738927 - HTMLViewer: moniker protocol is disabled in WinXP SP2

672560 - HTML control - IE pop up screen related if SSO is enabled

191908 - Collective note: HTML Viewer Control

66971 - Supported SAP GUI platforms

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit -

To access the OSS notes you need to have an OSS User Id and password. Either you or the basis team shud have the same To obtain the same for yourself, you have to give SAP ceritification exams. Then you can access the http://service.sap.com site and search for the notes relevant to the problem you are facing.

Naveen has already posted the contents of the notes for you.

Suresh Garg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit

Sometimes there is no documentation available really for some fields/areas. I guess SAP doesnt necessarily have the documentation

If you get f1 help for other areas you are fine. Lets know what area you dont have documentation and someone here can confirm in their system

there is a bit of help setting if in the SAP access menu you go to toolbar>>help and click on the settings... you have the option of using the perfmance assistant and you may not have to go to the internet if the relevant files are loaded (pl get basis help to check if that does not work)