cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with MIME Object in WAS Repository MIME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to update a MIME Object , that i use in a BSP Page, in the MIME Repository of my WAS Server. I follow all the normal steps (Upload an Substitute) to Upload and change the image, and in my DEV environment works fine, the page show the new image but, when the change pass to the QAS environment, through a workbench order, the BSP Page, in QAS, keep showing the old image, and when i look the object in the Repository, the image store there...is the new one!!!...so i don't know what happen...can anybody tell me what happen, what is the cause of my problem???

Regards

Mariana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to SMICM (in QAS system) transaction and then

goto->http server cache->invalidate->global in system

and then now check , you should get the new image/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

First i have to say that you are my heroe...yo have 3 fans here ;-).....jejeje...second i have to ask...why do i have to do that?...i havent done it yet...but i would like to know, why do i have to "refresh" the cache?.

I wait for your response,

Regards

Mariana

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks & good to know that. (which part of the world are you from?)

why the server cache needs to be refreshed?

when you access MIMES for the first times, its taken from the databased and cached in the server memeory and for further calls, the MIME in the cache is used to speed up the response time.

any changes you do with MIMES , for it to take effect you have to manually refresh the server cache to access the new MIMES.

Hope this is clear.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

We are from venezuela ;)...far far away from you. Now i have bad news, i did what you said, and it didnt work :(. What else could i do?? please help.

Regards

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaaaaaanx Raja....you are a sunshine!!!!!!...i missed to refresh my Browser's cookies...that is why i coudnt see the change...now its all fine

Best Regards,

Mariana

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know, its resolved. I should have mentioned that you need to refresh browser cache as well.

Raja

Answers (0)