cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Family Members Detail screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on EP 7,NW04s, ERP 05 and tring to modify the Family Members Detail screen .I have already hidden some of the fields and moved some up and down but the Previous and the Review button and too far down because of the space created by hiding the fields ,how can I move these buttons up, since I don't see them in the Detail View Layout....

Also I want to put a validation on the review button to make the Social Security Number field as mandatory ...I think I have to modify the ess~per application ....

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

Looking forward to your reply on this.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

There is field which is passed to the 'Per' application from the 'fam' application which has the value of the infotype. You have to check the parameters that are passed with the createoverview method of Per to know the field which holds the infotype number.

Regards,

Sharadha

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having an issue with the Family Member/Dependents Previous and Next buttons not working. When these buttons are clicked the user is taken back to the List screen. Note: we are on ESS 50.4 and external ITS.

Is there an HR setting to turn the Previous and Next buttons on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SubhashTripathi,

Could you kindly share an example of how you implemented a validation check for only the fam DC that uses the ess/per ?

How did you read the infotype inside ess/per?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Make family member/dependent details in ESS as non-editable. The should be available for viewing/display only. No edition/creation/deletion should be allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

i am facing same problem ,please provide me step you solve it .

if it is possible please provide me step document so that we will resolve it.

i am not able to get ess~per application.

i need to add previous step and exit button on personal detail,bank detail and address detail IVews

how i can get source code to create the button .

regards

Kundan Kumar

babukundan at gmail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help me how we can i add previous step and Exit button on personel data iview like bank detail, address detail and personel detail iview.My main problem is i am not able to find the source code related to button.I think it is in ess/per application .But i am not able to find the exact location of the source code.

If any body have document related to step by step solution of my above quirey its realy great help for me. I have dead line to resolve this issue so, i need immediate guide line for the same.

regards

kundan kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

Thanks for the reply. The view name in the ess~per application is DetailNaviView which has the code behind method onActionNext() for the Review button , now how do I check the infotype condition here for the Family Members..?

Please do reply ,I have a dead line to show this in a few days....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shradha,

Thanks for the reply.

I was not able to find the code behind the REVIEW button in essper application ,but even if I am able to find it and modify it to include my validation that would become valid for all other applications dependent on essper like Address and Bank Details ,

....therefore whats the correct procedure to modify it only for Family Members/Dependents application..

Also how do I move the previous step,review and Exit button to top??

Please do reply

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I do not remember the view name but there is a view which has the buttons on the edit screen in the ess~per DC. Yes, as u said it will affect all the applications, you have to put a check using the infotype before executing yiur newly added code so that it gets executed only for the family infoytpe.

Hope this answers ur query.

Regards,

Sharadha

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhash.

If you look at this thread:

You will find some links to documents explaining how to modify an ESS application.

It should explain to you in these documents, that validation is completed in R/3 NOT in the Web Dynpro application - so modification of the application is NOT required.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Yes you have to modify the per application to add the check on clicking the review button. Buttons are there in a seperate DC other then the Detail view layout. The DC is inside the Per application.

Regards,

Sharadha