cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to work with customized Java roles which were edited in ABAP stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to copy standard roles into customized roles (i.e. Z roles) using PFCG in XI system. All ABAP based roles are working fine, but all JAVA based roles are not working. I generated profiles as well. And I check all the authorization objects in both standard and customized roles. Everything look same but customized roles are not working.

And when I check the logs on JAVA stack I found the error which says " User XXXXXXXXXX IP address HTTP request processing failed. HTTP error [403] will be returned. The error is [You are not authorized to view the requested resource.No details available]."

I thought there might be any Jco RFC connections missing between the stacks and I tried to check in Visual Admin, but I was not able to find much info regarding these roles.

Am I missing anything or is there any other way for these roles to make customized roles.

And can any one tell me how to run a trace for JAVA stack activitites as we do in ABAP using ST01. Any help will be rewarded. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get JAVA roles work in JAVA stack we need to assign Action on Java side.

Tough we copy them in ABAP stack JAVA roles need to JAVA actions. And we will not be able to see actions in UME of JAVA stack. So we have to use Visual Administrator to add the groups (JAVA roles on ABAP stack) to different action in different components.

I didnt get any short cut for doing this. Tough this is long process, this is the only way I found as to get them work.

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

I am also getting the same error. Could you please let me know the steps to resovle this?

Thanks in advance,

Shoban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java roles work with influence of permissions in Application Server which we call actions in UME. As you are aware in PI user master record will be in ABAP stack. So the roles in ABAP stack will be having only RFC connections to JAVA stack for the specific JAVA based role. So you need to edit the permission on Java App Server. For that you need to log on to server through visual admin and then go to services and you will find the standard groups assigned to actions. But I don’t remember that under which service you will find them

Under that service you will find some 200 actions. And you have to add the name of the custom created JAVA roles on ABAP to all those actions where you find the standard roles. And its a very very lengthy procedure. So SAP advice to go for customized ABAP roles and Standard JAVA roles.

Hope this answer clears your query.

Farooq.