cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging BAPI in WD application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to debug the back end BAPI in the Wenduynpro application , i went to SAP --> Transaction se37 --> opened my fun mod --> utilities --> Settings --> Debugging -->Checked the Activate check box for external debugging -->Came back to sourde and CtlShiftF12 It prompted me for the type of debugging --> i had selected External break point .

If i run my application the application is not stopping at the break point??

Is the process correct , did i miss any thing else.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check 2 things..

1. Check which user is mapped in portal to login into SAP R/3.

2. If it's different user than the user id which you are using then mention the user id which Portal is using to login to SAP in

Settings -->Debugging.

Make sure that user is dialog user.

Hope this shd solve your problem..

<i>*Reward each useful answer</i>

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

The user in SAP and Portal are same .How to Make sure that user is dialog user??

Regards,

Ravi.

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto Tocde <b>SU01</b> & put the user id and click display..Gotologon data tab..it will show the user Type..

Otherwise to be simple, Write simple RFC & store the SY-UNAME in some custom Table..so that you will come to know what user id its using to login into Portal..I had the same issue..

<b>* Reward each useful answer</b>

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These steps are correct. Confirm whether you are calling the right RFC or whether you are missing any mandatory parameters on calling the RFC. For this you can throw the exception e.getmessage() in the catch part.

regards,

Shyam.