cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO my god

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done extensive searching on this topic in this forum. Why so complex to do such a relatively simple thing. Perhaps with more experience this answer will come. I am getting the following error once my JCO has been created through the content manager:

On a Test

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=hpks01v3 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=BBD MSSERV=sapmsBBD PCS=1 ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Fri Jun 15 15:17:11 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 1

On a Ping

Failed to ping JCo destination 'WD_COUNTRIESLIST_MODELDATA_DEST'.

What looks to me in what is the most comprehensive outline of what needs to be done and what I ahev followed is:

1) Go to Server Installed path i.e. usr\sap\<systemid>\<systeminstance>\J2ee\admin

2) Choose go.bat and start it.

3) Under Global Server Configuration, choose <Serverid>.

4) Choose Services under it.

5) Find SLD Data Supplier.

6) Under System Landscape Directory select HTTP Settings.

7) Give all the required fields like Host Name, Port Number, User Name and Password.

😎 Similarly choose CIM Client Generation Settings and give Host Name, Port Number, User Name and Password.

9) You can test the SLD is configured properly or not. Just click CIM Client Test.

10) Save the settings and close Visual Administrator.

To configure SLD

Go to configtool

\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\configtool

and change the heap size settings to 1024

Go to administration screen http://localhost:5000/sld/index.jsp

Choose Content>import

Navigate to

<server>\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\SYS\global\sld\model \

import first Cimsap.zip and cr_content.zip (MS Windows) and then choose Open

Go to visual admin as explained above

**Note the Visual Admin runs on the port 50004 when entering the details for the localhost.

Go to services>SLD Data Supplier

Go to HTTP Settings, enter the following

Host : localhost

Port : 50000

User :

Password :

Go to CIM Client Generation Settings on same window

Enter the following

Host : localhost

Port : 50000

User :

Password :

Select all the options on the right hand side in the domain "Icr" or "webdynpro"

After Saving the details click on “CIMClient Test”

A pop-up screen shows “CIMOMClient object generation and connection test successful”

Click “Ok”

Then configure your ABAP system by

going to

SLD -> Home -> Technical Landscape

Hope this helps you

Anyone know why I still get the error above ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the client number incorrect. I didnt realsie that the client number was entered in the first screen of the wizard for the creation of the JCO connection (thought I had done this in the SLD definition). Thanks for all the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi Bo Tarno

Check the Following URL and you may get some idea about what is Jco (Java Connector)

Building, Deploying, Configuring, and Running Your Application

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f8/bdfe80d9a3b048a5fb32a7d149774e/frameset.htm

Connectivity and Interoperability

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/89746bea5011d6b2e800508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Creating a JCO.Function Object

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/44e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

JCo Client Service

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/40/003c41325fa831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Chandran</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris / everyone

Thanks for the response. I found the message server and port name in R/3 through the transaction RZ70 (selecting the SLDMSGSRV , with test and display options).

In the SLD I updated the port and the group which were incorrect, the were 3600 and PUBLIC and should have been 3601 and Developer.

I now get the error:

"com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter"

(the only thing I see that might be strange is that once I go back into Maintian JCO connections and select my one it seems that the password field is empty)

I have entered my user and pass which works from the saplogon pad. (I have checked that it is in fact using the message server).

Any advice to overcome what I think is the very last step .....!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check whether u have specified the right client information.

also, check the following thread:

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the responses. I have done the following with the further error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=hpks01v3 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=BBD MSSERV=sapmsBBD PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host <ip_address>, service sapmsBBD) TIME Tue Jun 19 12:10:57 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8593 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 1

Just to further outline the scenario, I am using a trial version of the SAP Web AS on my PC. I want to connect to a SAP backend on a different srever on the network, SAP 4.6 C and retrieve data form an FM. I have done the following:

1. Created the SAP system as an entry in the SLD. Technical Landscape -> Web AS ABAP. The port I used was the default one 3600. This I created as BBD.

2. In creating the JCO connection I then had the option to select BBD.

The things that confuse me are that my instance of SAP is not a WEB AS, although I can select a version 4.6 and there is no message server running on port 3600 on this machine. I am begining to think the message server for the remote host should be configured locally. Can you please advise further. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Damien

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damien,

can you connect to this system using you standard SAP logon - using a group with message server sapmsbbd?

Does service sapmsbbd exist in your services file as port 3600? are you sure that is the port of the message server used by your R/3 system? If not I'd suggest you change your SLD configuration to point to the correct port.

Web AS ABAP is the terminology to refer to a standard R/3 system - you have that bit right.

When creating the JCO you will have the option of whatever systems you have configured in your SLD.

You should be using the message server of your R/3 system not a locally configured one.

I wish I could tell you how to find the message server port - bt I've always had it avaliable to me or been able ask the local NW support team what it was when I've set up new entries in my SLD.

Cheers,

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bo,

You may need to create the service to access sapmsBBD in your services files:

typically C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

Also it may be that you will need to unblock the port in your PC firewall.

Otherwise, if the machine that you are trying to connect to is on a different domain to your machine, then it is very often the case that you need to add it to your hosts files as well - just the simple machine name eg. instead of dev_server01.bigco.net - just have dev_server01 entered in your hosts file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you made the 'Services' File entries properly? This is present at windows>system32>drivers>etc->services. Here you have to enter the following:

sapmsBBD <message_server_port>/tcp

Note: There should be a <tab> between 'sapmsBBD' and <message_server_port>/tcp. Keep a blank line after this line.

regards

Shyam.