cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to configure the SLD in the following way . This was suggested in a document that i downloaded from sdn.sap.com The document name is "Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions" .

Proceed as follows:

1. Start the J2EE Engine if you have not already done so.

2. Start the engine administrator console using the path <Drive>:\usr\sap\<System

ID>\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat.

3. Choose Connect and log on to the J2EE Engine. You need administrator rights

for the login process.

4. After login, choose the Cluster tab on the left, expand the node Server,

Services, and choose SLD Data Supplier.

5. Choose CIM Client Generation Settings and specify the necessary HTTP

connection parameters to establish a connection to the SLD.

6. Save the data by pressing the Save button

7. Choose the CIM Client Test button to check the CIM client connectivity.

8. If the test was successful, you can close the J2EE Engine Administrator

Console. Otherwise correct your connection parameters.

Now you have defined the connection parameters for SLD server has to be used

to run your application.

At the 4th step i get stuck because I am not able to locate the option "SLD Data Supplier" . It is not available with the available options .

Could anyone help me out with this please on an urgent basis ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Opgenorth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

if you really have a 6.20 Engine below your portal, you don't have Web Dynpro coming with WebAS (maybe with the portal). Web Dynpro is available since WebAS 6.30 Service Pack 0, SLD with some later Service Pack of 6.30 resp. 6.40.

I move this thread to the Web Dynpro forum.

Best regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease refer to the help available in the http://<server>:50000/sld

It gives a good description on how to configure SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add on to the question

I am using EP 6.0 SP2

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

the description you have mentioned refers to Web AS 6.40 installations. With EP 6.0 SP2, you are using WebAS 6.20, which does not contain the SLD service by default. Therefore, you are absolutely right, the SLD data supplier does not appear in the services list of the Visual Admin..

I don't know WebAS 6.20 in detail, but I would suggest to look for WebAS 6.20 specific description how to handle ABAP connections.

This link might be helpful,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/67/fc683ce6eb6046e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

see additional information >> Web Application Server <--> J2EE engine integration

Hope this helps,

Regards

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barbara ,

Read your help document . It explains the concepts behind the connections that the server implements to get connected to the R3 SAP system but it doen not tell me how to configure my J2EE engine to get connected to the SAP R3 system . Can you/somebody suggest me a work around to configure my engine to connect to R3 and pinpoint exactly what changes are to be done and where they need to be done , it would be of great help .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I apologize I can't help you. I don't know EP 6.0 SP2. Anybody else here?

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there someone who can help me out with the same or everyone has moved on to the latest version ?

I need some quick assistance ?

Regards

Deepak Singh