cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move department field to PPOMA attribute?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

In the SU01 of any user, the field ADDR3_DATA-DEPARTMENT is updated from our R/3 system with the current cost center of the user. I would like this field to get automatically updated into the attributes of the PPOMA for the particular user; the attribute CNT to be more specific. I realize that the format in the attribute CNT is slightly more different than the one in SU01, but it should still be possible to do this automatically.

I cannot seem to find any user exit/BADI for this in standard SRM - has anyone of you guys tried using this field for this kind of behaviour? Or do you have any other idea as to how the attribute could be automatically updated when the SU01 is updated?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dennis M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the exact issue ? Try maintaining the same attributes in BBPUM01 instead of SU01 transaction at web page then i guess, It should automatically pick up the updated data.

Some other Related OSS Notes ->

Note 550055 - EBP/CRM: New integration for business partner

Note 972938 - SRM 5.0: Incorrect error messages in tx BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE

Note 701935 - EBP 4.0: User check->Missing address at organizational unit

Note 522903 - Integration of the organizational units: missing addresses

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try explaining the issue more carefully then.

Every day we run a batch job in SRM that is comparing the SU01 data in SRM with the R/3 data of the user. When the cost center is changed in R/3 in SU01 the department field, the batch run also changes this field in SU01 in SRM. However, the SRM uses the attribute Cost Center in the PPOMA for shopping carts, so I would like to find a solution that can update the attribute with the value of the Department field in the SU01 of the user in SRM. That way I ensure, that the attribute's cost center all the time matches the one in the SU01 - otherwise we have to maintain the cost center in the PPOMA manually every time.

Plus, the transaction BBPUM01 is unknown in my SRM version (4.0).

Thanks for some helpful pinpointers.

Dennis M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

You have to create a cutsom program wherein you check the department field of R/3 users from SU01 and use function module "BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES" to update that as an attribute.

the FM "BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES" can be used for position . use Scenario_p = 'BBP' and User_id_p = user id in SRM.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

Hi. There is a BADI HRALE00INBOUND_OBJEC that is triggered when the Org integration come through to SRM.

To update the attributes I used function module 'BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES'. This only caters for object type 'O'. So if the CNT attribute is against the 'O' use that FM. If you wan't the CNT attribute against the 'S' then copy the FM to a bespoke one and change the code accordingly.

Cheers

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob.

But would this work for batch processing, for example? I am looking for a solution that could update the attribute continuously, after the changes have been made from R/3 into SRM. This function module seems to be for initial upload of attributes?

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

What we do is the org structure (HR data) is sent accross to SRM via IDOC's. The BADI mentioned is triggered and we update the attribute using the FM. The update is run as a workflow to allow the IDOC to continue, but you wouldn't have to incorporate that complexity (I was just worried about locks).

This is an ongoing process so we don't need to do anything to the system, but there is no reason that you shouldn't run this update as a batch process.

Regards

Rob