cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dependent characteristic spec in qp01

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is "dependent characteristic spec" tab in qp01?

what for is it used and hw is it used?

pls explain in details.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dependent characteristics means, if you have to inspect 2 characteristics of a material & the inspection of second characteristics depends upon results of first characteristics. For example, You want to check hardness of a rod if the diameter of the rod is acceptable. Then the Hardness characteristic becomes your dependent characteristic which gets activated after acceptance of characteristic diameter.

Hope this clears your query.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

my problem is solved.

now i am able to generate the lot also.

my only query is -

i can create 3 different plans for 3 different mtrls, then what is the advantage of using dependent characteristics.

Edited by: sandip raut on Jan 21, 2008 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

very very sorry sir,

i can understand you but really very sorry for delay in reply.

actually i was busy with some urgent work and also on leave due to illness for 2 days..

but its not the case i dont give importance to ur valuable answers.

i am always thankful to u all.

following ex u gave me and then i tried it. what i did i mentioned below. pls go thru it.

Example:

Target value USL LSL

Rod1 1 1.25 0.90

Rod2 2 2.5 1.75

Rod3 4 4.25 3.5

For this scenario first I create a plan with an operation with control key QM01,

1. Now select the operation and hit the "Inspection characteristic" icon.

2. Here for characteristic 10 activate "QN" check box to make this a quantative characteristic.

3. I define the control indicators as "Target value", LSL, USL and suitable sampling procedure. I also define summarize recording and activate defects recording check box.

4. Now assign the value of Target value, USL & LSL (may be in this case i would use the first value). (Hit the material assignment tab and assign the materials rod2, rod3 also to the plan).

5. Now we need to differentiate for the other 2 materails for that, i now select charateristic 10 and hit "Dependent charactertistic" button.

6. Now hit the + icon, system would populate all the materails assigned to this plan. Here i select the materail rod2.

7. Now a record is formed for rod2, maintain the values for Target value, USL & LSL.

8. Repeat the steps 6 to 7 for rod3.

Save the plan... Now if a inspection lot is created for rod2 it would look for the dependent characteristic and it will take the values from there.

i tried follwing steps-

1. qp01

2. header detail screen

usage - 5

status - 4

3.operation overview screen

control key - qm01

4.char.overview screen

ticked qn

defined the control indicators as "Target value", LSL, USL and suitable sampling procedure. I also defined summarize recording and activate defects recording check box.

5.assigned the value of Target value, USL & LSL.

After that as u said (urs step 4) (Hit the material assignment tab and assign the materials rod2, rod3 also to the plan); BUT there is no “material assignment tab” here in “Quantitative char data”screen.

So I went to material assignment tab through header screen and assigned there other material.

Then I went to “char overview” screen and as u said in step 5, selected characteristic 10 and hited "Dependent characteristic" button. Here I got the msg “no dependent char specifications are available”.

after that i pressed enter and saved the plan.

then i did MIGO for rod2.

in mmbe, it is showing mtrl under quality insp but when i am searching for the lot in qa32, i am not getting it.

pls help

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dependent characteristics specifications only come into play when you have more then one material assigned to the same Group/group counter.

The advantage is that you can assign many materials to the same plan that are similar. As you mentioned, you can accomplish the same thing by creating a separate plan for each material.

If you have a plan that makes variations of the same material, why would you want to maintain and track all those plans? For example, Maybe I make 1/4" steel plates. But the steel plates come in many different standard sizes. 10cmX20cm, 30cmX40cm, 1mX1m, 1mX2m, etc.. etc...

I could easily have a hundred different sizes of steel plate that I sell.. All I'm doing in production is cutting them to the right size from stock plates.

So why keep a hundred plans? I just maintain the Width and height measurements in my dependent specificatons. I might have 20 other characteristics that Don't change. For instance, thickness never changes, its always a spec of 1/4". I might characteristics like finish, luster, color, etc.. that never change.

If I decide now to change my sampling procedure for some reason, I only have to change one plan. It can save greatly on maintainance.

Craig

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Can I expect a feedback on this thread? I see your active participation by asking more questions, but you should also give some importance to answers for your questions.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

expecting answers fm masters

mr.ram,tajuddin,prasobh

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

For similar material if the same plan is used and if a particular characteristic needs to be inpected based on individual materail then we can use dependent characteristic for this purpose.

example:

I have a rods of different diameters which are maintained as individual material masters in SAP. I have generic Inspection plan assigned to all the rod materials, and in this case i have "Diameter" as one of the characteristic to be measured but the "Target value" and accordingly different "Upper & Lower" specification limits.

In this case i assign a dependent characteristic to differentiate different values and this is assigned to the materials accordingly.

Hope this helps....

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

means i have "diameter" char is different in all the rods(mtrls) and remaining chars are same, in that case i need u use this, right?

but how?

pls tell step by step.

thnx a lot.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Example:

Target value USL LSL

Rod1 1 1.25 0.90

Rod2 2 2.5 1.75

Rod3 4 4.25 3.5

For this scenario first I create a plan with an operation with control key QM01,

1. Now select the operation and hit the "Inspection characteristic" icon.

2. Here for characteristic 10 activate "QN" check box to make this a quantative characteristic.

3. I define the control indicators as "Target value", LSL, USL and suitable sampling procedure. I also define summarize recording and activate defects recording check box.

4. Now assign the value of Target value, USL & LSL (may be in this case i would use the first value). (Hit the material assignment tab and assign the materials rod2, rod3 also to the plan).

5. Now we need to differentiate for the other 2 materails for that, i now select charateristic 10 and hit "Dependent charactertistic" button.

6. Now hit the + icon, system would populate all the materails assigned to this plan. Here i select the materail rod2.

7. Now a record is formed for rod2, maintain the values for Target value, USL & LSL.

8. Repeat the steps 6 to 7 for rod3.

Save the plan... Now if a inspection lot is created for rod2 it would look for the dependent characteristic and it will take the values from there.

Hope this helps...Reward your points and close this thread,

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Were you able to create this?

Regards,

Prasobh

Followup..

Message was edited by:

Prasobh Karunakaran

Sandip,

Can I expect a feedback on this thread? I see your active participation by asking more questions, but you should also give some importance to answers for your questions.

Message was edited by:

Prasobh Karunakaran