cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions in Webdynpro's generated methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a WebDynpro component and I'm using its feature to generate actions and methods. How can I generate a method, which throws an exception?

any added code outside the //@@begin and //@@end will be deleted by the generator....

regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U cannot throw an exception from webdynpro generated method.U can write the method at the end between //@@begin and //@@end which throws an exception and call the method from webdynpro generated methods.

Regards,

Sowjanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the views part deals with the creation of user Interface you are supposed to handle the exceptions here.

i.e

Create the methods with functionality in you rmodel and handle its exception in the view.

Perhaps if you can explain the requirement that drives you to create the method that is supposed to throw an exception, we can help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the end of the Java file, there is a user coding area //@@begin others ... //@@end, there you can add methods and attributes as you like.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While Creating method u can give return Type as Throwable by going to Java Native types

But this method is always returns Exception