cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while deploying a webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a simple welcome webdynpro application in netweaver developer studio .When i go to deploy it by opening the node "applications" and choosing "deploye new archive and run " option from the context menu of my application , it gives an error in the 'deploy output view" of the netweaver developer studio which says " Deployment aborted " . If you double click on the error a window opens up and it gives a description of the error which says " Cannot determine the SDM host(is empty). please configure engine/sdm correctly ".

Also when i click the tab J2EE engine in the netweaver developer studio it shows remote engine sever and branching into N/A and crossed in red. My J2EE engine is running as I am able to see the administration page of the EP.

The netweaver developer studio that I am using is the one that came with the sneak preview of EP 6.0 SP9 and the EP that I am using is 6.0 , the original licensed software.

Can someone please let me know what is happening here ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

Sometimes this happens when you have set the firewall settings to "ON" .Only when you change the firewall settings to "OFF" state will you be able to access the server from outside.Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit ,

From where do i change the settings of the firewall ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey deepak,

Try this:

1. Open hosts file under Windown/System32 folder.

2. Add the entry: <host_ip> sapportal, where <host_ip> is the ip of the machine of your portal installation. You should set the entry like the localhost entry you already have there.

3. Restart Netweaver Developer Studio and try to deploy.

Let me know if it helps,

Roy

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Is the WAS running in your machine or in someother machine? Is the server running on Windows OS?

If the server is running in your machine. Then goto "Window --> Preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine", select the "SAP J2EE engine is installed on the local host" and click the browse button and select the "J2E" (default value)

if it is running on a remote server, try to give the fully quqlified name of the server for the "Message server host" or give the IP address of the server and try. Even after this, if it didn't work, remove the server from the work group and add it to the same work group of the windows domain.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

WAS is running on my machine .I did what you told about going to "SAP J2EE engine cis installed on the local host". When i click browse it says the following

"No local engine could be found

Reason : No system could be found under
PORTAL\sapmnt

Please configure your engine as remote host installation"

what is this and how am i supposed to tackle it ?

You are asking about removing the server from the work group and adding it to the same work group of the windows domain. How do i do that ?

Reagrds

Deexpak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try restarting the IDE&engine, if possible restart machine once !!!

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Windows-> Open View->J2EE Engine

Check if the SDM is running(green in colour)

If not,try restarting the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leena ,

If you see my original post it says that the J2EE tab shows that the server is not running as it is crossed in red but the server in the command line is running .I can see the administration portal page which will not get displayed unless the server is running .The netweaver development studio is not able to detect the server it seems . Why is it so ?

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to set the address of J2EE engine in NWDS first.

To do that go to Window->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine and fill the message server host and port. Usually the port number is 3601.

Hope that helps

BR marek

BTW. Your post should go to a Web Dynpro forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marek ,

I have opened the thread in web dynpro forum . The method that you are suggesting didn't work . If you want to have a look at the progress of the thread then you may see it in the webdynpro with my name .

Regards

Deepak Singh