Please let me know what is the Return process for 3rd party order

Thanks in advance

Mastan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mastan,

quite generally, you can book the reurned goods as you want (to your vendor or to your company). There is no standard process from SAP side here.

Concerning creation of invoice, it depends on your Customizing setting for the item category (transaction VOV7). If the billing relevance is 'F' (recommended for the third-party), then you cannot create the invoice without incoming invoice. If you have another billing relevance (for example , 'B' according to order quantity), then you can create invoice without incoming invoice. Moreover, in case of 'B' you can create the invoice immediately after creation of the order. It is independent on return.

As I have already said, there are no standard rules for this process at SAP. And the whole process is not supported at all. Therefore you have always to decide by yourself, what would be reasonable for your business. There are no guidelines from SAP side here.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal,

Thankyou very much

Mastan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou all for replying

I have a question here that if the end customer returns the goods to company then hoe to proceed?

Can we create invoice doc without creating incoming invoice? if yes where it is controlled? Is taht controlled in item category?

Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Mastan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mastan,

officially the return process is not supported by standard SAP ERP system for the third-party process (SAP note 751609). This functionality was never designed and is not supported.

The note 751609 is the official statement of SAP to this problem.

I am sorry, I cannot give you another response. Nevertheless I hope that this information helps you further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support IMS SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Returns means tat, a customer claims to vendor that the received items are damaged one , so the vendor create a "returns" and take the goods back for checking then go for next process (i.e it can be Credit Memo).

<b>Reward useful Points</b>

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no third party returns process in SAP. SAP does not support the Third Party Returns

Regards,

Sree