Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Sensitive authorization implement in 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any way to implement context sensitive authorization in 4.6C? Something like P_ORGINCON object in the newer version.

I know the easiest way is to create two IDs for one user; one with each respective role/ structural authorization. Is there any other option?

Thank you for all your input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chris_Kerr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the customer specific authorisation check object depending on the scenario. Although the concept of using two user id's is not desirable, it is the option most commonly used until the arrival of the extended check in HR master data, P_ORGINCON.

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Kerr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the customer specific authorisation check object depending on the scenario. Although the concept of using two user id's is not desirable, it is the option most commonly used until the arrival of the extended check in HR master data, P_ORGINCON.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input but I'm still looking for alternative solution.

The reason we do not pick two IDs solution is because we are implementing MSS (Manager Self Service) for manager to access data via portal. Our authentication for portal access is via LDAP which link to our MS active directory and SSO (single sign on) to our back-end SAP system. I don't know if it's possible to map one portal ID to two different back-end SAP ID or not but it will definitely be confusing.

0 Kudos

Several years ago SAP were offering customers on release 4.6c the option of having the context sensitive solution retro fitted to their system. It involved someone from SAP remotely logging into the customer's system and installing the required objects.

I can't tell you what this cost, or even if they still do it, but you could check with your local SAP contact. It might be easier (and cheaper) to upgrade to ERP....

You can definitely map multiple portal users to one backend R/3 user quite easily, but I don't think you can do the reverse.