cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem: CJS-00030 - Problems running sdbinst.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the newest version of SAP WAS 6.40 SP 9 (WebAS640SP9.zip from SDN) and I try to install it on a clean PC (no previous version was installed on that one).

Result:

ERROR 2005-06-06 11:48:49

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in function sdbinst_get_packages_info(sdb_path) { var sdb_upd = get_sdbinst_application(sdb_path, undefined, undefined); sdb_upd.setArguments(["-l"]); var out_s = sdb_upd.getOutputStream(); var s_out = ""; var b_start = sdb_upd.start(false); ASSERT(arguments.callee, b_start, "COULD NOT START THE APPLICATION: " + sdb_upd.getCommandLine() + "! Check the path!"); while (!out_s.fail()) { var s_ln = out_s.getLine(); var re = /\s+\t*/; var db_arr = s_ln.split(re); if ("Base" == db_arr[0]) { s_out = s_ln; } } ASSERT(arguments.callee, "" != s_out, "THERE WERE PROBLEMS RUNNING THE APPLICATION: " + sdb_upd.getCommandLine() + "! Check the path!"); return s_out;}THERE WERE PROBLEMS RUNNING THE APPLICATION: C:\temp\MaxDB\NT\I386\SDBINST.exe '-l'! Check the path!

My choices are just stop the installation or view log. The application path for sdbinst.exe is correct. I checked that.

I upgraded my Java to 1.4.2_08 as I read there are problems with 1.4.2_05 and lower. Operating system is XP SP2 Home. Drives are formatted NTFS.

I didn't get it to install. Anyone has an Idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

if you run the command 'C:\temp\MaxDB\NT\I386\SDBINST.exe -l' from the commandline, it works?

If yes, can you please make sure the environment is the same as when using SAPINST?

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that and it said nothing, just started and stopped. Could not see whether it worked or what it did...

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please share how your problem got solved.

Thanks