Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Avoid UD in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing problem, in user decision.

we have maintained the inspection Type 01, 03. & 04 for respective material.

Now as per process, first we need to do the result recording. After result recording

we can do user decision.

If you try to do UD with out Result recording it will ask that do you want to complete the inspection forcefully. I f u select yes you can goahead & do the UD.

My problems are:

1) The system should not allow to do force ful UD, where i can set this.

2) It should allow the force ful UD for inspection type 01 & 03, but it should not allow for inspection type 04. Is this possible.

If yes please guide me how to go about it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Following are the useful tables. The results should be available in <b>QASR</b>. Just check <b>QAMR</b> also.

QALS Inspection lot record

QAMB QM: Link Between Inspection Lot and Materi

QAMR Characteristic results during inspection p

QAMV Characteristic specifications for inspecti

QAPP Inspection point

QASE Results table for the sample unit

QASH Quality control chart

QASR Sample results for inspection characterist

QAST Control chart track

QASV Sample specifications for inspection proce

QAVE Inspection processing: Usage decision

Hope this will solve your problem.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Have you tried the User exit ? I do not think there is a way to stop the UD without results recording in standard. You need to use the exit. I have tried and it works fine.

Close this thread after rewarding suitable points.

Rgards

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

i have not tried the User Exit, will try that & come back to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Standard SAP allows the user to do forceful UD as you said.

However if you want you could put a check using a customer enhancement. Implement it as follows:

USe Enhancement: QEVA0010.

Exit function module: EXIT_SAPMQEVA_010

The table QASR stores the results recording data. Check the inspection lot as per your requirement. If the required data is not available throw the error. You can code it to give error only for 04 type inspection lot.

Hope above is useful, if so reward points.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Ram,

It was really a helping answer. I have confident that this problem will be solved.

Points have been alloted for the same.

Thanks once again.

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you please tell me the table name & THE FEILD NAME for the results recording. & elaborate the procedure of user exit. I am unable to find the results in QARS table. Reply ASAP, its urgent!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

UD is must if you are working with inspections lots. If you do not want to force the usage decision for 04 type then ticked the check box automatic UD at the time of results recording in the inspection data in QM view for inspection 04.

you can avoid the manual UD.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taj,

I tried the way, i.e by using automatic UD, for inspection type 04. But also the system is allowing to do manual UD & saving the same. Con u pls suggest me on that how to go abt it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

While you check the box for Atomatic UD ,u should make sure that all characteristics are accepted (not rejected) and there are no defects.You can also schedule Automatic UD for a plant and material in the background by setting up a variant.

For more information please read the document under IMG-QualityInspection-Inspection Lot completion -Plan automatic usage decision.

Please let me know on any specific question

Regards

Naik