cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD and customer R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I was wondering: Is it possible to integrate a customer R/3 into my SLD without having the customer R/3 set up (rz70) to post data to my sapgateway? Do I have to make a manual entry? Will this work?

Regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A remote system has been set up manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yeah you can manually enter data of the customer R/3 system in your SLD.

It will surely work.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

thanks for your reply. I've added the customer system to my sld as an ABAP technical system. As the rfc calls will be issued by my sap gateway on the local mashine (same machine as SLD) where do I have to tell the sap gateway to make a call to the customer system not to my R/3?

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Can you elaborate a little when you say..

<i>As the rfc calls will be issued by my sap gateway on the local mashine (same machine as SLD) where do I have to tell the sap gateway to make a call to the customer system not to my R/3?</i>

One thing i would like to add up dont worry whats there in the SLD. Ultimately for RFC calls you will have a RFC adapter for the customer R/3. In that RFC adapter details about the customer system should be the correct one.

Regards,

Sumit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>As the rfc calls will be issued by my sap gateway on the local mashine (same machine as SLD</i>

Two things could be interpreted from this:

1. Ur R3 and SLD r on the same system

2. U have XI on the system and u r sending RFC from XI.

<i>where do I have to tell the sap gateway to make a call to the customer system not to my R/3?</i>

Again a dual possibility:

1. Are u using XI? If yes, then just crete the SLD entries of the 2 communiacting system and do the necessary configurations (Receiver determination, interface determination) in ID.

2. U r triggering RFC in one system to transfer data to other system without XI. In this case TCP/IP RFC destination needs to be maintained

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I haven't written for the past week.

Maybe I should give some more information about what I'm trying to do. I have an EP and a R3 on the same machine. I have another R3 on a remote machine. The both R3 systems have deployed there information using transaction rz70 to the SLD running on the same machine as the EP and the "local" R3.

JCo Connections refering to the local R3 are working flawlessly. Though Jcos to the remote R3 are giving me a headake. I've found out that the IP used as partner for the Jcos is the remote gateway of the remote R3. Please note that this IP is a private one and therefore not reachable by the local SAP Gateway or however will try to contact ist. It appears that this IP must be supplyed by the remote message server cuze I've tryed adding a TCP/IP RFC connection in the visual administrator of the J2EE engine supplying just the external IP of the remote R3 message server. Testing result: the Jco was pointing to the mentioned internal IP.

I'm not quite sure why this is. I though I'd have to add an RFC destination in the J2EE engine because the connection points from the portal to the R3. Funny that somehow the Jco gets the partner IP from the remote host. I don't understand what's going on there. BTW the host information of the remote R3 in the SLD show the internal IP as the IP address of the remote R3. I figure that the remote R3 has it's IP set to the internal IP device rather than to the external one. Where do I change this setting? Is this gonna do any harm to ie. transport paths or anything?