Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Transaction variant to VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Scenario :

The requirement is to make pr00 condition value to be only as display in the return order type " RE".

This we have been able to do using transaction variant.

Querry:

The querry is :

We have created a transaction variant called "ZRE" and assigned this variant to an Z Tcode using SE93 and this Z T Code is working satisfactorily.

Also i have assigned this transaction variant to order type "RE" .

Now that since i have a transaction variant can i assign this transaction variant "ZRE" to VA01.?

Customer does not want to run an Z Transaction for this. He wants to use standard VA01 T. Code only.

How do i achieve the desired changes made in the transaction variant by running standard T. Code VA01?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitesh,

I have created a transaction variant and screen variant for VA01 and assigned it to a particular document type in configuration. But when i execute VA01 for that document type the transaction variant does not get activated.

Is there any other settings required for transaction variant to be activated for a document type.

Thanks

Sohan

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Keni

Please note in transaction VOV8- Define Sales document type.

in the Transaction flow statement last field is variant, just below Alt.sales doc. t

,here you can give your transaction variant created.

Reward if you are satisfied. In case of further information you can revert

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jitesh,

that particular config. had been already done..

I am able to activate the transaction variant for the transaction but not to an sales document type.

My requirement is to have transaction variant working for an document type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenni,

Please check if the variant is properly maintained in T code <b>SHD0</b>

this should easily fix your problem.

Cheers

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Keni

What you have done is right

But please carefully note the below points, I have tested so i am saying that this is what you require

1. First Step is to create transaction Variant in SHD0, that you have already done, assuming ZRE is your transaction variant, we will proceed to second step

2. You require transaction variant should use VA01, now here the trick is you assign ZRE to RE(Sales Document type in VOV8, Transaction flow statement last field is variant, just below Alt.sales doc. t,here you can give your transaction variant created.i.e ZRE.

3. Now when you will go to VA01 and select RE sales document, automatically transaction variant ZRE will be activated and your PR00 only will be in display.

So no need to create Zee Transaction in SE93 for this.

If still it is not clear then I request you to give a try step by step and let us know

because the same scenario is working well in my system.

Regards

Jitesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keni,

If the transaction variant by itself is not restraining the creation of OR document or any document otherthan RE, you can very well use it for any order document. You can test it once and move the same to further clients.

Rwd points

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can create ZOR by coping OR, assign the t.variant, and then youc an create ZOR using VA01.