cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online PDF Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to deploy the sample application TutWD_OnlineInteractiveForm_Init.zip and get the online pdf form.I have installed adobe reader,adobe lifecycle designer in the system for which I am deploying the application.Can you please tell which are the other softwares which has to be installed.Should credentials be configured in ADS for getting the online pdf form? Is there any other configuration in ADS?

Regards,

Shamila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Install the following software in order to work different browser and different modes of pdf(Use mode, Update data)

1.SAP netweaver (SPS 11) is installed

2.Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.0 is installed

3.Adobe Reader 8.1.installed

4.the Adobe Component Framework(ACF SPS11) of the Interactive Forms integration is installed

5.the Adobe Document Services(ADS) are configured on the SAP J2EE Engine you are using.

Above configuration works any browser any version and any mode of pdf.

Best Regards

Ravi

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

to use the PDF forms in Web-Dynpro applications:

->SAP netweaver (minimum SPS 11) is installed

->Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.0 is installed

->Adobe Reader 7.0.x.installed

->the Adobe Component Framework(ACF) of the Interactive Forms integration is installed

->access to the SAP J2EE Engine SPS 14

->the Adobe Document Services(ADS) are configured on the SAP J2EE Engine you are using.

please do these before trying to run the tutorial zip project...

this should help...

regards,

-amol gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ADS and credential are required to use Interactive PDFs online at runtime. You can find the config guide on service.sap.com/adobe > Media Library > Documentation. By the way, there is a temporary credential available on SDN in the downloads section.

Forms are used with Adobe Reader 7.0.9 (preferably, as Reader 8.0 is not officially fully supported).

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

Ypu mentioned "<b>Forms are used with Adobe Reader 7.0.9 (preferably, as Reader 8.0 is not officially fully supported).</b>"

We are having long -wait time problems with Adobe 8.0, but when we use 7.0.9 we dont have any problems.

Can you please guide me the document where it mentions "Reader 8.0 not being fully officially supported".

thanks,

Sanketh

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sanketh,

nowhere it says you cant use adobe reader 8.0

everywhere it says use adobe reder version 7.0.x

new versions take time to get fully supported.

for example the latest version of Internet Explorer may be totally rejected by Netweaver for dynpro applications.

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh,

I am having Adobe Reader 8.0 installed on my development machine. The Adobe form takes 10 minutes by watch to display on the screen (WebDynpro Java Application). Its really frustrating to work like this.

I just saw your post that even you faced similar problems. Coul you please provide me a solution. Is Adobe Reader 8.0 not supported?

Thanks,

Shobhit

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shobhit,

new products take time to get supported.

the primary purpose of adobe acrobat reader is not to serve Dynpro users.

the latest version of Internet Explorer isn not be supported by Netweaver.

(the primary purpose of IE is not to serve Dynpro users likewise)

<b>All the text on SDN i have gone through RECOMMENDS using adobe Reader version 7.0.x

If you want to be on the safe side. use Adobe reader 7.0.x</b>

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamila,

Here is the guide.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/95/5a08cd0e274a0bae559622d6670722/frameset.htm">ADS Configuration Guide</a>

Credentials are required for Adobe.

regards

Sumit