Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

Here the Business Requirement is :

1) PD – Prepay Dollars: No Freight for a customer if the customer orders more than a specific amount (Value).

for ex: if the order value is <$100, customer has to pay the freight as $5

if the order value is >$100 , company will take care of the freight charges, then customer no need to pay.

2) PC – Prepay Cases: No Freight for a customer if the customer orders more than specific cases (Qty).

For ex: if the order Quantity <100 Cases, customer has to pay the freight $1 per case.

if the Order Quantity is >100 Cases, company will take care of the freight charges, then customer no need to pay.

Fuel Surcharge also should be considered here.

but these two requirements applicable for the same customer based on value and quantity. system has to check both at a time in order (based on order value and order quantity cases).

pls help me how to configure this requirement?

REQUEST: Please don't post something non-related information for Points.

i will be expecting step by step configuration to meet this requirement, as it is urgent.

for Proper reply i will reward 10 Points.

With Best Regards,

Nina.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

Freight to my knowledge should be header condition. However assuming that it is item related condition(u may use soem c.type as freight c.type) i am answering this.

Fro freight value based on dollars, you have to write a routine as there is no other way. Condition types are determined only at item level automatically. If you want to determine some value based on the total order which can be of many items, then the only thing is to write a routine.

For this write a reqmt routine and mention that the total order value should be less than $100( in our example case) for the condition records to be fetched.

Then for this condition type, create condition records.(Remember that the condition table should not be of some item level fields, it should be based on some header level data like Hdr ship to party, sold to party etc)

In case of surcharge, you can do the same but teh reqmt shd be based on the total number of material items( Total of items of various materials). Make sure that the material units shd not be different, eg. one being crate, and other being litres. This can lead to confusion in the logic.

If the total number of items is less thatn 100, then

Create condition records at ITEM LEVEL and you can populate the details.

Pls lemme know if you need more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can u pls be clear with condition records,

how to maintain condition records for this requirement?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can maintain condition records in VK11.

Before that,

you have to enable the condition types for scale based discount/surcharge. For this you have to configure the scales tab of the condition type in V/06.

You have to fill the details in the following fields

Scale basis

Check value

Scale type

Scale formula (if needed)

Unit of measurement etc

Configure only relevant fields, leave other fields as such.

After doing all these

In vk11, put the condition type, and enter into the screen where you have to enter the values.

There in the menu go to

Go to-----Scales

In this new screen you can see scale type, scale quantity , amount etc.

You need to maintain your condition records here. Also check the validity dates when you are entering data.

Once the condition records are maintained this way, and you start your transactions, the values will take its effect.

Pls rewardpoints!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi iimnava

i dont think we can maintian scales for this requirement

pls check it and tell me

Thanks

Nina.T

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

We can enable it through scales.

The only practical difficulty is that during the determination of the number of cases or the value of the order. If we need to consider the total value, not the value at the item, then we need to enable the scale formula to pass that total value, or the total number of cases as the basis of scale determination.

Apart from that, I am still confident that you can enable this by means of scales, combined with reqmt routines.

If you have some other opinion about it, please let meknow. May be I can try one such iteration and then tell you. As the configuration is little complex, i m not testin it for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls give me your number i will call u

u can mail your no : nina.sapsd@gmail.com

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

number sent to ur id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using Shipments, then this can be achieving using normal Shipment Costing Pricing Procedures - condition records are to be created using TK11 and scales can be applied to value at either item or header using group conditions.

Answers (0)