cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding fields on ESS screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to modify the Family Members Detail screen and want to hide certain fields ,I did that in the properties of each Label,Inputfield but still that element consumes space on the screen ,how can I fill that space so that the items below like Next ,Review button come above .

Also, I want to set the Gender Radio Button as Male by default when the screen opens ,for this I tried to write code in the WDInit() method but the code vanishes as soon as I save it ...

Please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi subhash,

Use this code for radiobutton groupbyindex

doinit method u write this code

String[] gen={"male","female"};

List li=new ArrayList();

for(int i=0;i<gen.length;i++)

{

IPrivateCompView.IExElement g=wdContext.nodeEx().createExElement();

g.setGen(gen<i>);

li.add(g);

}

wdContext.nodeEx().bind(li);

According to this coding u just create a context value node "Ex",inside that u just create a attribute called gen.Assign this value(gen) attribute to "texts" which in the properties of groupbyindex key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the help ,but this is a RadioButtonByIndex and not RadioButtonByKey so it does not have that property(Selected Key) ,whats the way to go now?

Looking forward to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

u don't need to modify that just check whether these things u did or not.

In ur context,for male u have created one attribute,for female u hava created one attribute then u create attribute for gender in the same node or context.

go to properties for radio button male and female there u have a property called selected key,in that u set gender as a value.then u write this code in do init() method

wdContext.nodeAddress().currentAddressElement().setMale("Male");

wdContext.nodeAddress().currentAddressElement().setFemale("Female");

wdContext.nodeAddress().currentAddressElement().setGender("Male");

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the reply. But the context for the Radiobutton element is already created ,I just need to modify it..

Looking forward to your reply.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

First of all, hope you have unlocked the project for editing. If it is done, u will be able to edit/add your code.

In the case of hiding unwanted buttons, set their Visibility to 'NONE'.

regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

create context for male,female,gender.set selected key for male and female as gender in properties of radio button.

Do init() u write the code like this

wdContext.nodeAddress().currentAddressElement().setMale("Male");

wdContext.nodeAddress().currentAddressElement().setFemale("Female");

wdContext.nodeAddress().currentAddressElement().setGender("Male");

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

For radio button u have to write the code in doinit method and the same time the code should be within the //begin and //end.