cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple files for multiple interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any possibility if I receive 5 files in a zipped file once in a day and out of these five files 3 can be used in one interface, remaining two can be used for other two different interfaces. Does XI keep the files somewhere to be used in seperate interfaces.

Regards

Hema

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hema,

After unzipping are they palced in any file system, how come you are getting that these 3 files alone into XI are u using Sender File adapter to get these 3 files. Can you please explain the scenario.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,its possible,there are two ways to do this,first of all you can create 5 separate scenario ,one for each file.

secondly the files itself will definitely have some tag/element which will identify it uniquely,now use this unique tag/element in conditional interface determination and route your file to correct interface.

also XI does not stores files anywhere,it is just a medium to pass the files from sender to receivers.if you want you can archive the files in sender system,just in case you need that file for future reference

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I guess second option is good but what do you mean by the unique tag, the file names would be unique and there won't be any unique identifier in the file.

Let me give an example

Five files

header, item, payment, adjustment and total no.

first three files will be used in Interface1

fourth file in Interface2

Fifth file in Interface 3.

When you say use the tag in conditional interface detemination so would I be doing this in all three interfaces.

As you mentioned, I can archive the files in sender system and can I use them in different interfaces then?

Regards

Rinku

Message was edited by:

Rinku Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as you have five files and they all have different structures,you can't use the conditional interface determination.

earlier i had thought that the structure of all the five files are same,only the value of their tags are different.

right now you have only 1 option and that is to create 5 separate scenarios:(

thanx

ahamd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

You mean to say that I will receive 1 zip file which has 5 files and the files will be assigned to 5 different interfaces, how it would be possible?

Regards

Rinku

Message was edited by:

Rinku Malik

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

I asked you to explain the scenario, can u please explain it, are u unzipping those files using XI? Please expalin the scenario, it could be easy for me to suggest something.

Bes regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

can you tell us what all systems you are trying to integrate?

is this just a simple File to File transfer or you are sending/receiving something from R/3 system?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rinku,

There are few questions here:

a) You are getting a zipped file. But who is going to unzip this?

b) In the zip file you always have 5 files with the same name or different name?

c) If you have same 5 file names everytime the three what you are talking will have the same structure and the remaining two will have same structure?

If you can tell this then someone can help you out?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku,

Has Satish suggested i guess we need more clarity as to what exactly u are doing...

Assuming that the zip file that u get is unzipped by some means (remember you cannot expect XI to do the unzipping).

Also assuming that the name and structure of the files: File1, File2, File3, File4 & File5 are same always.

Then in this case you will need 5 separate interfaces - that is 5 sender communication Channel...

Now in case that the first 3 files have the same structure but only the names are different... say File11, File12, File13.... Then you would need only one communication channel for all these 3 files where you will give the file name as File1*.

So when the options are really vast, please be clear in your specifications to get a to the point reply.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad/ Satish.

The Scenario is File XI Idoc.

<i>a) You are getting a zipped file. But who is going to unzip this?</i>

Unzipping has to be done in XI

<i>b) In the zip file you always have 5 files with the same name or different name?</i>

Everytime we get files in zip file will be changed as it is date and time stamped with branch number in it. We have 400 branches. Each branch will send zip file. And Zip file name will also vary w.r.t. branch number.

c<i>) If you have same 5 file names everytime the three what you are talking will have the same structure and the remaining two will have same structure?</i>

All the files has different structure

Regards

Rinku