cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Procedure Cost condition locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using ECC 6.0 and just wondering why the Cost Conditions are spread througout the standard delivered ZVAJUS Procedure ?

Step 5 is EK01 (Actual Material Cost)

Step 940 is VPRS (Material Master Cost (mvg Avg or Standard)

Step 941 is EK02 (Material Calculated Costs from BOM rollup or whatever)

It seems to make sense that SAP would just put these all together at the beginning of the Procedure (i.e. step 5,6,7) but they didn't. anyone know why ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am not seeing this pricing procedure in ECC6. Also the pp starts with Z and hence i m of the opinion that it cant be SAP provided one. However RVAA01 has all the three.

EK01

If you choose this condition type, the result of the sales

costing is first printed to the pricing screen for the item

value can be used as the basis for price computation.

EK02

If you choose this condition type, the result of the sales order

costing is simply a statistical value, which you can compare

with the price.

VPRS

This takes the price from the moving avg price and doesnot influence the selling price .

So you can see that the objective of all these 3 are different. EK01 to calculate selling price based on the cost price (EK01 is manually entered) EK02 just a statistical value of the cost but doesnt have any influence in pricing and is used only for reporting purposes (EK02 also only manually enterable) and VPRS is automatic cost calculation based on material valuation in the moving avg price or standard price(this is automatically updated based on the Cost of the material.

You can see in the pricing procedure that EK01 and EK02 are possible only through manual entry.

So purpose is different and it is not necessary that all the 3 are updated in all scenarios. Also RVAA01 has got all the set of condition types supporting various business processes, like free goods (c.types NRAB) minimum price(PMIN) etc, but all need not be updated.

Step number also doesnt really matter as the prices are controlled by routines and not by step numbers

Reward if helpful

Message was edited by:

iimnava