cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

1) Can anyone Explain Debuging a Script Clearly.

i want step by step.

2) can i put the break point and watch point in script debugging.

3) the debugging part SAME as report debugging.

plz.. i need step by step.

thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

It is very easy to debug a script... As already mentioned by comments above, follow the menu path Utilities --> Activate Debugger on the initial screen of SAP Script i.e. SE71...

The function keys F5, F6 , F7 and F8 serve the same purpose as they do in Report Debugging...

First you need to identify where the cause of your problem lies, if some wrong data is getting printed you need to check the print program and debugging the script will not serve any purpose... On the other hand if you are sure print program has the correct adta and the problem exists just when you are trying to display it using the script, debugging the script will be useful...

When you debug the script, you will see following information being displayed:

1. Page

2. Window

3. Function ( OPEN_FORM, WRITE_FORM, CONTROL_FORM, etc)

4. Event ( If blocks, paragraph & character formats, field values etc)

5. Element ( Elements defined in the windows)

Try and identify which element is giving you the erroneous data and rectify it...

Let me know if you have any further doubts about this issue...

Regards,

Mamata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Look at the BLOG here, it is well explained

/people/sudheer.junnuthula2/blog/2007/01/09/script-debugging

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijay,

following are the steps to debugg a script:

1) goto SE71 --> in menu click on utilities --> then Activate debugger.u can also execute the report RSTXDBUG in se38.

2) when u run a particular transaction that script will be getting displayed in debugging mode.

3) the debugging part for script is almost same as that of report.

4) it will give element wise value for fields. for single step use F5

hope this will help u out...

Please reward points in case usefull...

regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There are 2 separate kinds of debugging available when you try to debug scripts.

<b>

1. Debugging the print program</b> : This is the normal debugging we do for our report programs.

<b>

2. Debugging the script itself</b> : You Can debug a SAP Script by activating debugger in two ways:

a .In SE71->Menu->Utilities->Activate Debugger, then debugger will be get activated and when your print program is executing Script Debugger will be in active and you can proceed with your debugging.

b. Goto se38-> <b>RSTXDBUG</b> ->Execute this same as going thru in se71-> Menu, now debugger will be activated.

Regards

Aneesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ,you can setup break point and watch point in print program.

Not in the layout

if you want to do debugging layout then Utilities ->activate debugger

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Thanks for ur reply..

i want one more clarification ..

For Debugging .. can we debug the SCRIPT FIRST OR PRINT PROGRAM.

but in layout.. we can see the Break Point..you said we can't put the Break point in layout. Can u explain Clearly.plzz.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Depends on your requirement ,suppose you have data problem at print program ,then you can debug print program first.

suppose if you have problem at Layout -> then use utilities -> activate debugger.

You can not write break point in layout - there no command in form painter.

Requirement for Layout debugging - You get the all data properly in print program but in layout it is coming ( Something you are using &itab-fld,suppose to be like <b>&itab-fld1&</b>