cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can cancel the process by using deadline branch. No need of control step in the deadline branch. If your wants he can implement the control step to raise the exception or alert. Please correct me if I am wrong

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

No, you need control step inside the Deadline branch to cancel the process. If the particular time expires, how come BPM know to proceed further, the BPM will be errored out in this case. There are lot of diff bte BPM errored out and the process has been cancelled.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

You mean to say in deadline it is must to insert any control statement to raise either alert or exception for e.g. Then only that process will stop. Otherwise an error occurs. Please confirm

thanks

kumar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

In oder to cancel the process, raise the alert or exception you must need control step in Deadline branch.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx raj for correcting me.my understanding waz wrong

@Palnati

yes you need to have some way to handle the process once it reaches deadline,it can be a control step to raise an exception or u can have any other step(you can also start a new integration process or do anything else)

thanx

ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

You are most welcome, also please correct me if my point of view is wrong!!

@Kumar : In the deadline branch its not only necessary to keep control step u can keep any other step so after the completion of that step it will come out of the block and continue executing the steps next to block.

Ahmad ,the one which I mentioned above is it correct?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>Ahmad ,the one which I mentioned above is it correct?

yes,its correct,you can have any step in the deadline block,just make sure it is before the exception step so that its executed.

thanx

ahamd

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To cancel the process...The only available step is "Control Step"......

When you use the deadline branch,it only raises the exception....It means it just intimates that exception has occured...Now its your duty to handle that...the handler you use here is "Control Step"...

If you don't raise any exception your BPM will be hanging out there with error and your system resources will be wasted....

Let me explain you using simple template...

In Java...you use..

try{

if(some codntion)

Throw exception abc

}

catch

{

if(exception abc)

cancel the process

}

So "block" step is like try block...time you specify in deadline branch is condition...if it satisfied you are throwing the exception abc (thats the timeout exception for us)and the code you write in the catch block is handler for that exception...thats nothing but control step in our case...

Hope this explains...

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrong post

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad