cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device locks up

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using MI 2.5 SP18 on Intermec 751 devices. The devices have 128MB of memory. When our users are running the application, the device will sit idle for several minutes and will go to sleep. Then when the users wake up the device, the application is locked and they can't do anything and they have to reboot the device.

Also, when the user synchronizes information the night before they leave, they come in the morning and the device is locked and they have to reboot. Sometimes the synchronization gets locked up as well.

Does anyone have any idea on what causes this locking? Some devices it happens 2-3 times a day.

Thanks,

Dale Dingmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dale,

This is usually problem with the Mobile device.

I suggest you to check the application that are running at the time you execute the sync proccess. some other process autostart and eat away your memory space.

also, goto setting then memory and increase disk space for applications. you adjust by sliding the memory settings bar.

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

When we try and adjust the memory, it always goes back to the default memory. Is there a way to save the memory adjustment that we made or is there a way to allocate the memory another way?

Thanks,

Dale

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

This problem might be related to out of Memory issue on your device. Inorder to find the cause of this problem can you provide the following information:

1. Paste the contents of <b>jscpout.txt</b> file at the time the device gets locked (but before a reboot) This file is present in root dir of your device.

2. What version of Creme JVM are you currently using.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CrEme version 3.27.

Here is the contents of the jscpout.txt file and it looks like it's a memory issue.

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm)

CrEme J2ME(tm)

CrEme V3.27 B095.040628 12-September-2005

MemoryLimit=27584Kb

EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

Do not use the MobileEngine classloader

Could not add com.sap.ip.me.core.ShutDownThread as a JVM ShutdownHook because Java version 1.1.8 does not support JVM shutdown hooks yet due to java.lang.NoSuchMethodException

-

Initialize framework ...

Configuration initialized. Installation Base = /MI

Path settings adjusted

Timezone initialized; use timezone id 'CST'

Trace initialized. Log is switched on.

Framework singletons initialized.

Gzip data compression configuration initialized.

Registry initialized.

MI OS installer lib (/MI/bin/NATSTART.DLL) loaded successfully.

Dlls loaded.

Timed Sync initialized.

Persistence initialized.

Smart Sync initialized.

CCMS initialized.

Agents initialized.

Communication server initialized.

SystemNews initialized.

-

Framework initialized.

-

Check if running inside installation server.

Installation toolkit parameters /MI/itool.properties not detected

Use normal startup: true

Client Installer Packages status updated.

***<MEM> jsPosMalloc(104556) failed (current=22665868)

at sun.awt.otk.TextData.growLinesArray()

at sun.awt.otk.TextCharData.updateLinesArray()

at sun.awt.otk.TextRandomData.updateLinesArray()

at sun.awt.otk.TextData.setLineWidth()

at sun.awt.otk.MultiLineTextPane.setBounds()

at sun.awt.otk.TextPaneImpl.<init>()

at sun.awt.otk.MultiLineTextPane.<init>()

at sun.awt.otk.RandomSelectionTextPane.<init>()

at sun.awt.touchable.TouchableMultiLinePane.<init>()

at sun.awt.touchable.TextAreaView.getTextPane()

at sun.awt.touchable.TextComponentViewImpl.<init>()

at sun.awt.touchable.ScrollableTextAreaView.<init>()

at sun.awt.touchable.TextAreaView.<init>()

at sun.awt.touchable.TextAreaView.<init>()

at sun.awt.touchable.TouchableToolkit.createTextArea()

at java.awt.TextArea.addNotify()

at java.awt.Container.addNotify()

at java.awt.Panel.addNotify()

at java.awt.Container.addNotify()

at java.awt.Panel.addNotify()

Exception occurred during event dispatching:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale

My assumption was right. This is out of Memory problem. The method mentioned by Divya will not work since this will not allocate more memory to a single process running on a PDA. In order to increase the memory allocation to MI, copy the <b>MobileEngine.lnk</b> or <b>MIServer.lnk</b> file present in \Windows\Startup folder onto your desktop and select the file, right click and choose the option Send To ->Notepad. Now add the -ml parameter with an argument like 64000 (this value can be changed depending on the memory available on PDA). -ml is an command line argument for the Creme JVM which stands for Memory Limit (ml) The parameter passed to this argument indicates the amount of memory that would be allocated for this particular process. In this case 64MB(64000KB) will be allocated for JVM. The contents of this file will now be <i><b>255#"\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe" -ml 64000 -Of -cf MI\creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup -home:/MI</b></i>. Copy this file back to \Windows\Startup after you delete the old one and restart the PDA. This will solve your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar