cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load sample project into NWDI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, I have downloaded sample project from tutorial page onto my desktop and unzipped it. I now have folder that contains four folders (gen_ddic, gen_wdp, src, and TogetherSAP Model) and two files (.classpath and .project).

I want to load this into NWDI, but cannot figure out how to do it. (File/Import... doesnt seem to be the right thing, Project/OpenProject brings up a small dialog box with no way to point to file on my desktop, and I can't find out anything else that will work).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dean Atteberry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

1.Unzip the folder

2.Exmple RootFolder named as Test contains project related folder (bin,gen_ddic,gen_wdp...etc)

3.Copy that root folder Test into ur WorkSpace of NWDS

4.Go to File>Import>Existing Project into Workspace in Project Contents select Browse choose Test Project Root folder. Click on Finish.

5.Test project will appear in the NWDS

6.Rebuild the project.

7.If u get any errors right click of the Project , Select Repair choose ProjectStructure and Classpath

This should work

Rgds

SS

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Do the following steps.

Setp 1: 1st unzip your project in to the with in “..\..\..\LocalDevelopment\DCs”

(Say

“C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\xyzproj”)

Step 2: Goto the File => Import => Multiple Existing Project into the work space =>Next

Step 3: Then “select base folder” Browse the project “xyzproj”

Step4: select the “Options” then click on “Select All” button and Finish.

After doing the steps your project will be available in the NWDS

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

After downloading the project from the sdn site, say (Project Name: <b>WDTableSorter_NW04s</b>)

Extract the zipped folder (<b>WDTableSorter_NW04s</b>) to the workspace and now select <b>File -> Import -> Select the unzipped root folder WDTableSorter_NW04s</b> to your Studio.

Select the Project in the <b>Explorer (NDS) WDTableSorter_NW04s - > Repair - > Select Project Structure and Classpath.</b>

Regards,

Mathan MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thats only way to open the Existing project in to NWDS what actually Maksim Rashchynski said

Regards

Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

After importing the project as suggested by Maksim ,u have to repair the project also.repair->class path & structure.

regards

Sumit

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File->Import->Existing ptoject into Workspace and select folder containing .project file.