Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SAP Java Connector with SAP XI

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi XI experts

We are about to integrate our SAP ERP2004 system with a new WMS system. The vendors of the WMS system normally integrates with ERP directly through SAP Java Connector, but we would like to put SAP XI between the two systems so we have good way of monitoring the messages beeing sent.

I would like to make a synchronous test scenario where we send a ARTMAS idoc from SAP to XI which sends it to the WMS. After WMS system receives the ARTMAS Idoc it sends an acknowledgement back to XI which passes it on to SAP.

The integration would then look like this:

SAP ERP <-> SAP XI <-> WMS (Jco)

Is this scenario possible? And if so, how would you suggest to set it up?

I was thinking of using the RFC adapter to connect to the Java Connector of WMS, but am not sure if this is the right approach or how it should be set up.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The original question is not answered, but my conclusion on this matter is that you dont use XI to connect to a system that uses SAP Java Connector, as they are two different ways of integrating systems.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

Yes its possible, i am making this decision based on the assumption that the wms is a j2ee app, that being the case there would a slight difference,

1) You dont have to use Jco as there are additonal issues you can run into there.

To simplify the architecture and to make future support easy i would suggest..the below

SAP ERP <--

> XI <--

>WMS

Idoc File adaptor

There you can use the file adaptor to poll and get the XML data and map it to a idoc Structure that should be easy and good from a performance angle also relative to the Jco.

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

My question is regarding wether it is possible to integrate SAP Java Connector to XI which you say it is. But then you suggest another approach with a File Adaptor, which is not what i want.

The Problem is that the WMS have Jco 2.1.7 integrated and is not creating XML files. This is why i want the direct connection from Jco <-> XI.

Best Regards

Chris

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible, quite easily....

Take a look at sap note 730870

Let me know if you need further details

Regards

Ravi

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have made a setup like this:

SAP <-> XI <-> WMS

The Scenario is like this:

SAP sends an ARTMAS03 idoc to XI which maps it directly to the same ARTMAS03 idoc structure (need a few changes in the future so thats why im not using IDOC tunnelling) then it uses a RFC receiver adapter to connect to our SAP gateway, where the WMS is registrered through JCO.

When I first sent the idoc, i got a "RfcAFWException: failed to read funtionname from XML document: missing namespace declaration(2)" then after reading Q23 in note 730870, I used the RFCNormalizer xslt to change the namespace to a "urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:fuctions" instead of the "urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages". The error is now "functiontemplate from repository was <null>".

As far as i can see the error is because the metadata repository defined in the RFC adapter cant find the function module that normally would be in the root of a RFC-XML. But I dont know how I can send an Idoc through the rfc adapter to the gateway then. Anyone got some ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

This is getting a bit urgent. Doesn't anyone have a idea on how I could make this scenario work?

Thanks

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the jco is expecting RFC why are you trying to send an IDoc XML?

Why not:

IDOC --> MAP to RFC --> SEND RFC

r/3 --> XI --> WMS

Import the RFC metadata from your jco (or get the wsdl) and then do your mapping of the idoc to the rfc accordingly?

namespace mapping etc will be handled by XI

sincerely,

--NM

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naomi

Thank you for your answer.

When I send an ARTMAS03 IDOC directly from R/3 to the WMS through a TCP/IP connection in SM59 with a registered program ID it works like a charm. Thats why I am trying to send an IDOC though XI to replicate this process, but it simply doesnt work. The reason why I use the RFC adapter is because that is the only place where I can define the gateway and the registered program ID that my WMS is registered with.

The WMS actually expects an IDOC, but as I see it, I need to send it through RFC, which is how Jco and XI communicate. (Or am I wrong?)