Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the shipping calender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I couldn't solve one issue regarding the planning calender

Our company has a three day delivery period from the customer order date unitll the requested due delivery date

tha Factory calender has 5 days from Monday untill Friday as working days

with shifts from 00:00:00 to 03:00:00 & 03:00:00 to 24:00:00

and the shipping calender has 7 days with the time frame 00:00:00 to 03:00:00

When a sales orders are created for the saturday,sunday and monday

the purchase requisition for sunday and monday are pushed to tuesdays and the purchase requisition for saturday order is on the same day itself

I have to set the calenders in such a way that for saturday sunday I should be getting Prqs on Friday and planned orders on monday and friday as there is no production on saturday and sunday

I have tried various ways by extending the shipping calender on friday till 24:00:00

but I'm not getting the required output

Could you guide me thru the checks to be performed to solve this issue

Thanks

Maanav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario looks confusing to understand ,can you elaborate with some example dates or else..

When you have set the shipping calender with the time frame 00:00:00 to 03:00:00

then how you will be able to extend it to 24:00:00, If I am understanding right???

Again purchase requistions will be generated in Planning run and the dates will be decided based on the planning calender and the lead times and considering the gaps in working days and holidays .

and when the sales oreder are created ,preq are directly generated or some seetiings are there ??

What is the planning system R/3 ,APO???

Regds ,Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi digambar

thanks for replying

The whole process is a three day process

When a customer orders the product it will be shipped in three days

Let's say a customer orders on monday 06/18 with a due delivery date on

next week thursday 06/28 then the planned order will be created on tuesday 06/26 and the purchase Requisition on wednesday 06/27 and the wave pick will be on Tuesday 06/26 and the product is shipped to customer on thursday

Accordingly the configuration was made with shipping calender from 0:00 to 3:00

on 5 days from monday till friday(the order which comes under 3 am window will be delivered acc to the scenario explained above)

and the production calender in shifts from 0:00 to 3:00 am and 3:10 to 0:24 hrs

But for the sunday and monday (delivery due dates) the orders purchase reks are being pushed to monday and tuesday , instead of behind promised on friday(before week), as there's no production on sunday and saturday and the Purchase reks and pld order should be created on friday itself (that's how the configuration is)

So I changed the shipping calender periods into shifts on friday (0:00 to 3:00, 3.00 to 24:00) even then there is no change in the pushed orders to monday

I only have this problem for sunday and monday orders

I'm not sure about how the purchase requisitions are created? Could you tell me how to check that? and what else I have to check for this probelm

the planning system is APO

I really appreciate your response

maanav

Answers (0)