cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead line in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BPM if A deadline is set with in a block normally we include the following steps.

--Use control step to send alert to stop the process

--Use control step to raise an exception.

Are there any other steps that we do in realtime scenarios ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u dont need any of this,u can just have a deadline step and give the time in the properties after which the flow will go to deadline.

now we have lots of addition to this deadine,u can have any step in this branch and it will be executed once deadline is reached.it can be an exception,alert or any other processing.

deadline step by itself need not have any other steps.

but most commonly,we either cancel the process by adding a control step for cancelling or we raise an exception by using Throw Alert control step

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ahmed !

I have sap literature with me .........but there lot of confustions exists ! So that's why I want to clarify my doubt like..........Even once deadline is reached can we configure any steps in that deabline branch before we cancel that line by using for e.g by timeframe as you mentioned.

Next question is like even we can cancel the process in the deadline itself or by raising the exception and in the handler we can cancel the process ?? Please correct me if I am wrong.

If we are using control step in the deadline for example for raising the alert.......it should be configured before the line becomes dead. Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u have SAP XI book(by jens stumpe and joachim orb) you can have a look in section 8.2.4 page 196:)

yes,you can have any step in the deadline branch,only thing is it must be before you cancel the message.

>>Next question is like even we can cancel the process in the deadline itself or by raising >>the exception and in the handler we can cancel the process ??

Yes,you can do either of the two,usually we raise an exception and inform the concerned people about the error.

>>If we are using control step in the deadline for example for raising the alert.......it should >>be configured before the line becomes dead.

see when u configure a deadline branch,you can give a control step to raise the exception(alert),now when the deadline is reached(coz of time expiry)that control step will be triggered and alert will be raised.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ahmed !

Now it is pretty clear ! regarding the same question I have some wordings in the literature which I want to clarify. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

>>Deadline is triggered automatically,when the deadline is met.

Means suppose the time frame that we set in the properties are met deadline will be triggered automatically.

>>Deadline branch executed, if the deadline has exceeded.

Here also when the time frame that we set is exceeded deadline branch is executed.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Means suppose the time frame that we set in the properties are met deadline will be >>triggered automatically.

yes

>>Here also when the time frame that we set is exceeded deadline branch is executed.

yes

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct...you can only use deadline branch/deadline for only blocks...and when you specify time in the properties...This time will counted down when the first step in the block is executed and if whole process in not excuted in that specified time and once it goes to zero...deadline exception is raised.......

You can implement whole new sceanrio in deadline branch....but you need to handle the exception...at the end you should cancel the process using the control step.....

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you raise an excpetion using the throw step, you can perfrom any step in the Eception block and so there should be not be anything that cannot be done once the deadline is reached.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh !

so you mean deadline is not only for ending the process line but also to raise the exeption where we do whatever we want ??

Otherthan control statement can we include any other steps in the deadline ??

thanks

kumar