cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local currency in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

What is the best way to deal with local currency in demand planning?

In my scenario, the client requires to adjust demand plan based on a forecast valuation versus budget in <u></u>local currency<u></u>. i.e., Sweden in SEK, UK in GBP

Thanks for any advice, tips or hard messages.

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

There is a macro function called CURR_CONV_FAC() that you can try to use to calculate the conversion into a new KF

CURR_CONV_FAC( 'source currency' ; 'target currency' ; 'exchange rate type' ; DATE ) returns the currency conversion factor for the specified source currency, target currency and exchange rate type on the specified date. This date can be TODAY (that is, the system date) or another (see the functions DATE() and TODAY). TODAY is a function, so you do not need to put it in inverted commas. Example: CURR_CONV_FAC( 'USD' ; 'EUR' ; 'M' ; TODAY ).

You need to maintain the currency in the IMG which is checked by the macro. I think there is a macro in the SAP Example Macro book

you can further enhance the macro to use differenct currency based on a check of the USER() or ACT_LOCATION()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish.

That's excellant, thanks for that, it may well prove to be useful.

There is still a lot of design discussion to be had and I am trying to gather different approaches. Worst case scenario I face is having to load invoice value history in local currency.

Does anyone have experience of using the 0LOC_CURRCY unit of measure for a scenario like this.

Thanks, Mark