Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am unable to upgrade the kernel from kernel 640 patch 129 to 155,

OS - windows 2003 server service pack 2

Database: MS-Sqlserver

SAP : ECC 5.0

Problem:

I successfully down load the kernel patch 155 from SAP marketplace Stack SP16, and I successfully uncar the SAR files and I stop the database and sap services and I take the backup of run directory and I copy the new uncar files and paste into run directory I overwrite all files after that I check the disp+work exe file that shows patch level 155.

I start the database then I start the MMC console when I start the MMC console the dispwork file change to patch level 126 automatically then I stop and check the run directory files that dispwork file is changed to old status i tried again and again then also it changing like that only.

please help me why that disp+work file shows like that why it is not upgrading into new patchlevel it is very important to me please help me

Thanks and Regards

Venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

After you have copied the new uncar files, do not start the SAP Instances. You have to restart the two services in OS Level, SAPOSCOL and SAP<SID>. After you have restarted the servives then only you start the SAP Instances.

Hope this help ^^

JT

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

during the startup the kernel gets copied from the CT directory. See the START profile for the directory. e.g.:

[code]

DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)\$(OS_UNICODE)\NTI386

DIR_EXECUTABLE = $(DIR_INSTANCE)\exe

DIR_PROFILE = $(DIR_INSTALL)\profile

PF = $(DIRPROFILE)\BOB_DVEBMGS01_VSPC1

#----

1. Copy SAP Executables

#----

#Start_Program_00 = immediate $(DIR_CT_RUN)\sapcpe$(FT_EXE) pf=$(_PF)

#----

[/code]

In this example the kernel gets copied from DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)\$(OS_UNICODE)\NTI386. Normally the DIR_EXE_ROOT dir is on the central instance.

Best regards

Clas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my system is x86 nonunicode windows

I want to know the wt is this bit mes 32bit or 64 bit

when i start the MMC the time stamp is changed into older stage automatically why it is happening

Thanks

ranjith

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What patchlevel do you see in SM51 if you logon to the system?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply

I saw in sm51 the kernel patch level old on i.e. 129