cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the message is not delivered ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario of IDOC --> XI --> FILE running in Production since long. There are two receivers going to two different ftp servers without any condition. This interface is running successfully since long. Last night one receiver received the file successfully but another did not. I checked in SXMB_MONI and saw two entries for two receivers, without any error. But when I checked 'Channel Monitoring', both were green, without any errors. But the one which did not receve the file, that channel log showed the last entry date and time of one day old than the other. It means that there is no file came for delivery yesterday. I chequed the associated queue also. There are no messages stuck up in it. I also checked the Message Display Tool. There is nothing 'to be delivered' or 'delivering' or 'failed' in it.

So my question is, where is the failure ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto runtime workbench --> message monitoring ---> select the "adapter engine" from the drop down menu and give necessary filter parameters ( sender service and receiver service) and select the date from drop down list and for cutom date and time select the free entry in drop down list and excute it.

It shows all the messages at adapter level and if something is wrong, select that particular message and check the details...This clearly says what went wrong when it was going from the adapter engine..

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Ravi

PS. Please post the solution once you solve the problem, so that it helps others and also close the question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Message Monitoring, for 'Adapter Engine' it shows 'Holding' status. What to do to get it to 'Successful' ?

Earlier I must have seen some other message and misled to believe it 'successful'.

Thanks.

- Atul

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ho, ho, "Holding"!!

Search in that monitoring for error message before and finish it.

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Udo's comments, to make sure that one error message does not hold up other error messages, make sure in the Interface determination you deselect option "Maintain Interface order at runtime"

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Select the message which is in Holding status and then click on the resend button.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I neither could see the error log nor 'resend' the message. When I opened up 'details' it does not show anything unusual. Look at the following.

Time Stamp Status Description

2007-06-14 04:36:17 Success Processing child message of multi-message with message ID 4670abce-1d66-27d0-e100-00000a83b31d

2007-06-14 04:36:17 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2007-06-14 04:36:17 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2007-06-14 04:36:17 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2007-06-14 04:36:18 Success The message status set to HOLD.

2007-06-14 17:56:03 Success Admin action: Trying to redeliver message.

2007-06-14 17:56:03 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2007-06-14 17:56:03 Success The message status set to HOLD.

2007-06-14 19:15:52 Success Admin action: Trying to redeliver message.

2007-06-14 19:15:52 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

When I opened up 'Error log', it was empty!

Selecting the message and clicking on 'resend' did not do anything!

Any idea what is going on ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

once you resend the message...click on the update there...then it updates the status...If you are using EOIO....check whether any prior messages in queue ended up into system error..... and also try to resend them first...then XI will automatically starts sending the next messages which are in "holding" status....

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi.

I tried to resend the earliest message like you said, but failed. Then I tried to cancel the earliest message. (I checked from 1st of Jan) But it always complained like ...

Admin action: Setting the message status to 'failed' failed, due to: Predecessor not in final state..

I tried to change EOIO like mentioned in the following link. But the page migration.jsp could not be opened.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/frameset.htm

Any more ideas ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was it working fine before...I mean from how long is it not working...Try to go to that specific date and check

Follow this weblog...

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards,

Ravi

PS. Please post your solution once you solve your problem, so that it helps others and also close the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the link to the blog, I fixed the problem following steps mentioned in it.

You won the points!

- Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do end to end monitoring...

Regards

Hemant

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

look to the payload: is it possible, that one segment was empty, so that no file had to be written?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the payload. Everything looks good to me. It has successfully delivered the file to another receiver. Both the receivers are identical So I do not doubt anything in the data. What do you say ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u chaeck the message monitoring....

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It shows 'Successful' status in front of that message.

Thanks.

- Atul