cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to register a Proxy for FTP in the FTP-Communication-Channel ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the ftp-receiver-communication-channel.

I have configured an integration scenario for a file-transfer via ftp to New York. I use the File/FTP-Adapter from SAP. I send the files in the passive ftp mode, but only the filename (no content) is created at the ftp server in new york. we get the error: 425 --- Can't open data connection. The Firewall and so on is open for this process and we tested it from other servers. There occurred always the same exception. We have no idea where the mistake could be.

When we arrange FTP-connects with a ftp-programm (for example WS_FTP) we use a proxy. And it's working.

Here my Question:

Is it possible to register a proxy / ftp-proxy in the xi-system or in the File/FTP-Adapter?

Thanks and best regards

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you connect to any FTP server it writes some dump to your local system first then opens the data connection. So check whether you have provided neccessary rights on the XI server so that it writes to the local system...

I think thats when it throws that error...

Also check whether you have opened necessary ports...it uses port 21and 1024+ ports for passive connections and 21 and 23 for active connections....

Are you connecting to the other ports rather than standard port 21....then also try connecting through port 21 because if you use other ports it won't work sometimes. Its worth trying with port 21 because if FTP is on UNIX box....the inet daemon on unix box automatically reroutes to the appropriate port after it recieves the connection from port 21.

And also did you tried connecting to FTP server through you XI server using some other FTP client.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

ravi