cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Local Host

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anybody please explain how I install the J2EE engine on my laptop?

I have only just started with the NWDS and I would like to deploy and test apps locally first.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There must be more than one CD in your NetWeaver CD pack. Out of these, there will be one cd called the SAPINST CD. First run this one. Then choose the components that you want to install. Then it also asks for the JAVA cds. These JAVA cds actually contains the J2EE engine.

Hope this helps.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you J2EE engine build with you,, you will have to first install engine from SAPINST.exe then go to IDE folder in the same build, install studio on top of the engine...and you can configure the engine in NWDS to deploy and test your application.

else If you already installed NWDS, then you can install engine and then configure in NWDS.No need to reinstall that.

If you don't know how to configure the engine in NWDS let me know..

Message was edited by:

Praveen kumar Kadi

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already installed NWDS, so where do I install the J2EE engine from? Is it on the NetWeaver disks?

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes if SAPINST.exe is there, you can start from there.

Here we don't do it from disk. we do it from build location.

But that's not matter..if you can find SAPINST.exe in the folders like(Ideally )

.....\...\opt\SAPINST\NT\I386\SAPInst.exe

click on exe file and follow the online instructions..if you got struck send me reply again.

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. I am not looking for the trial version.

I have a SAP partner ID and can get the proper software. The thing is I have installed the developer studio, but don't remember seeing an option to install the J2EE engine.

I would like to install the J2EE engine locally. Does anybody know which disk it is on, or should I reinstall the NWDS, or anything else?

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are looking for the Preview/Trial version of NW, then follow the link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6 for installing the J2EE engine on your laptop.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope the following helps you to install J2EE engine on your laptop

[url=]How to Install ?[/url]