Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Users are able to use SU3 but when they attempt to check or select other output devices from the drop down the green check mark is grayed out.

Thanks to all who respond.

Message was edited by:

Maritza Ramos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the authorization object S_SPO_DEV for these users. If the value is P* then they will get the authorizations to all the printers that start with P. Likewise you can restrict the authorizations to the users for only particular printers. I suppose the users doesnot have sufficient authorization to these object, so only the field is grayed out.

Regards,

Bharath.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the authorization object S_SPO_DEV for these users. If the value is P* then they will get the authorizations to all the printers that start with P. Likewise you can restrict the authorizations to the users for only particular printers. I suppose the users doesnot have sufficient authorization to these object, so only the field is grayed out.

Regards,

Bharath.

0 Kudos

I did they currently have * so I assumed this will mean access to all printers, yet they are still unable to select.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martiza,

Are you able to select the output devices with your user-id through transcation Su3?

Regards,

Bharath.

0 Kudos

No I am not able to . I am able to view it, which is odd because I have all authority.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you atleast able to assign the users the required output device through SU01??

0 Kudos

I am able to modify it through CUA.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the users are trying to assign the output devices in child systems.They have to assign the output devices only in parent system. If you want to know the parent system in CUA go to transcation SCUA and there select the modelview user-ids and click on display--> the sending system is the parent system.

Regards,

Bharath.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Verify the paramters in SCUM transaction for the "Print Parameters" in Defaults tab.

If you want the users in the child systems to be able to modify that then keep that parameter as local so that they have the modiying rights in the child system.

Hope this helps

Let me know if this works

Manohar

0 Kudos

Parent System seems to be CUA and the children all other clients.

0 Kudos

I will try that this weekend and provide an update thank you so much!!!!