cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Connection Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys ,

When I am testing my JCO Connection in Webdynpro Content Administrator, I get this error .

<i><b>com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=kansr3ud01 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=SR2 MSSERV=sapmsSR2 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Wed Jun 8 11:57:05 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 3</b></i>

Thanks

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Seems that you have not created a entry in the services file where your WAS is running.

go to the directory "\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc" where your WAS is running

open services file and add the following entry at the end

sapms<3 Letter key word what you have used to create the technical system><tabkey>36<instance number>/tcp<enter key>

ex: sapmsLAS 3601/tcp

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You solution might be in following forum post.

/thread/44165 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash, Thanks for your reply , The main problem is When I configure JCO connection using Application DATA & Single server and when I test it works in WebDynpro Content AAdministrator, But when I test my Application I get this error.

<i><b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.ge.insurance.ideal.model.types.ModelLOB:com.ge.insurance.ideal.model.types.Zlob could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST_LOB' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST_LOB' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297)</b></i>

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Using the web dynpro content administrator, double check that your destination WD_RFC_META* is connecting to a message server via logon group. If your connection is pointing at an app server, the destination will test fine, but it will not work when invoked at runtime. The METADEST needs a message server.

Thanks, ERin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erin ,

Actually we are not having any logon groups for any server . All SAP systems are Single server. Bugt when I use Load Balancing , the jco fails.

Thanks

Manish

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Do you have a message server defined in your SLD entry? If not, just point to the same system and put PUBLIC in the logon group. Then update your metadata_dest to use the message server.

Thanks, Erin