cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Enhancement Framework in methods of WD Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add my custom code to the WDDOMODIFY method of a view .Can anyone help me in implementing the same through Enhancement Framework.

Points will be rewarded !!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have two options. PREEXIT and POST exit.

The first one is called before the domodify and the second one after the domodify.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ..I know that I can use preexits but how...Kindly help me with the steps to do it.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are doing the enhancement for the DOMODIFY method, in the POSTEXIT , you will be getting the view name.

data:lr_transp type ref to cl_wd_transparent_container.

lr_transp ?= view->get_element( 'ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER' ).

Now you have the instance of the UI container , now you can edit existing elements or add new elements ....

Reply if you need more clarification

Thanks

Anzy

Award points if this solves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to add an element..rather in WDDOMODIFY method I want to set the default values for some select options already created in a view.

Without Postexit I was able to do but I want to know how can I go further with Postexit.

So basically I want to add a source code not elements.

Points will be certainly rewarded if you resolve my query.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Creating POST EXITS. Go to the method list of your view.Click on the spiral available in the editor.It will ask for an enhancement implementation.

Give an enhancement implementation name and click ok. Now go to the method list again. You will see new create buttons for post exit and preexits against each row.Now create a post exit for WDDOMODIFY , write your code there and activate.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..It worked but I have one more query...I have a requirement wherein I need to add a code in between the existing standard code in WD component methods.

Please tell how I can code the same with Enhancement Implementation.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

You cannot add to the existing methods.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any alternative available ?

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Nope , as far as i know.

Thanks

Anzy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">the documentation</a>

Regards, Heidi