cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open close periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one tell me how to open closed periods when the periods was closed in Tr code MMPV.

Durga Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Please tell me whether this change needs to be done in your personal system ?

If so, go to SPRO --> Financial accounting Global setting ---> Document --> Posting periods, Create a variant for the posting period,

then goto --> open and close posting periods ---> Copy the values +, A, D , K, S, M and change the periods if needed, assign it to posting period variants.

Go to Financial accounting Global setting -- > Company code , select your company code and assign the newly created posting period variant there.

Prassee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although you can open the closed posting period for stock through...MMPI (Initialization), but SAP Best Practices does not recommend that,you see the moment you initialize MMPI...your whole stock will be revaluated, settings in FI Tables will change along with parameters...in case your are doing this on some kind of training server, then only you should go ahead with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try with MMRV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi durga,

you just try with t.code ob32 or ob35, if it's not correct pls let me know

bye

siva

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Durga Prasad

what you are exactly looking is MMPI Initialize Period

It works same as MMPV only difference is it works to open periods

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tray following path IMG->FI ACCOUNTING->FIACCOUNTINTG GLOBALSETTINGS->DOCUMENTS>POSTING PERIODS-->OPEN AND CLOSINGPERIODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Go to T. coe MMPV and enter ur company code at both the places(From and To), Then give the period(Month) and then Year.

If your error is like posting is only possible in 10/2002 and 11/ 2002. Then in that case give the Starting month as 10 and Year as 2002, then Press F8, Then Press enter and then Esc to come back. Like that u enter till the current month.

Reward points if it is helpful,

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

My Problem is I have closed the period 06/2007 in Tr MMPV and tried to open in MMRV, System is not responding.

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Have u checked the box for allowing posting to previous period in T.code MMRV.