cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Mapping Message Split 1:n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a few questions regarding a multi-mapping for a 1:n message split. I have a business process which collects IDOCs from a specific IDOC type (ZHINVOIC01).

I have a 1-to-1 Mapping for collecting the IDOCs.

After this 1-to-1 Mapping the IDOC has the following structure:

xdoc has the occurrence 0..unbounded

For every IDOC in the source structure one xdoc in the target structure should be created. My Mapping works very fine, but I have one question. If there are more IDOC-Elements in the source structure, I have more xdoc-Elements in the target structure. But I do not want to have one target-message. the mapping should create one file with the element xdoc for every IDOC element in the source structure.

I want to send a xml-file for each xdoc-element to a ftp-server. is that possible?

Thanks and best regards

Christopher Kühn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Hemant

Award point if find helpful

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

if you copy the address of a help side from browser address field an put it as link, it is not really helpful, coz the user clicking on that link comes only to PI homepage. The help sides are made with html frames and so you copy just the address of the main frame. You should use the behaviour at context menu on the right side. BTW: We have a button "URL" at top, where you can post links with a url AND a title, so that the users knows, which theme of the link is.

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And again Hemant,

you dont read questions, you dont read answers, you are not able to post a link.

no regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

>>>I want to send a xml-file for each xdoc-element to a ftp-server. is that possible?

Yes, of coz. You have to map them into a multiline container. Please give us details, where the problems are.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/de/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/frameset.htm">Multi-Mappings</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

look at my example above:

for the source structure

<Messages>
   <Message1>
      <ZHINVOIC01>
         <IDOC/>
         <IDOC/>
         <IDOC/>
      </ZHINVOIC01>
   </Message1>
</Messages>

I have the following target structure:

<Messages>
   <Message1>
      <xdoc/>
      <xdoc/>
      <xdoc/>
   <Message1>
<Messages>

now the target structure is only one message, isn't it?

But I want to have for this case 3 Messages each with only one xdoc-element.

I hope that we are not talking at cross-purposes

Thanks and best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

The target structure that u have given can't be obtained because the Message1 tag is generated internally when when there are multiple output messages and it has one top level node like <ZH..> in source and hence u have to change yr target structure to obtain the result

Regards

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

there is no root in your target. Take care for the occurance in the Message Mapping and in the Interface Mapping (target must be unbounded).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

in my message mapping i have specified the occurrence 0..unbounded for the element xdoc.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

check your mapping. xdoc cant be unbounded, coz root. The result should look like:

<Messages>
   <Message1>
      <xdoc/>
   <Message1>
   <Message1>
      <xdoc/>
   <Message1>
<Messages>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

sorry but I don't understand. how can I reach it that more <Message1> appear?

Have I to map IDOC -> Message?

Thanks and best regards

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

i think, internal it is Message1, Message2 and so on. I cant proove that, i dont have system today.

You drag the unbounded structur (field) to Message1.

If you change output occurance to unbounded, Messages should be mandatory, so no mapping. Message1 should be unbounded, it must raise as much as the target has to be produced. The online help is poor, but i can help only by my remember, coz no system. Just play a little bit, there are some weblogs about that theme, for example:

<a href="/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi multi-mappings and Optimizing their Implementation in Integration Processes (BPM) in XI</a>

Search at left side of the frame and choose weblogs.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

thanks for your effort. I will try in the next days.

Regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christopher,

Just create one more target structure where the first node will be xdoc occurrence 0..unbounded

Then mapp the IDOC node to this xdoc and you will get all the xdoc in 1 message structure

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I want to have one separated xml-file for each IDOC. or is my mapping correct for this?

I'will give you an example:

<u>source Structure:</u>

<ZHINVOIC01>

<IDOC/>

<IDOC/>

<IDOC/>

</ZHINVOIC01>

My Mapping should create for this case 3 files with the following structure:

<xdox/>

Thanks and best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Just mapp the IDOC with the xdoc and then for each IDOC you will get another xdoc

Regards,

**grant points if info is helpful