Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC_OPEN_GROUP

former_member687052
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a BDC. I have few doubts regarding the same.

I am working on My version SAP ECC 6.0.

In BDC_OPEN_GROUP FM, what could be the possible values for the parameter 'KEEP'. We genereaaly use 'X' for keeping the session after processing.

Here, in my program, they have assigned a constant variable(to the KEEP parameter) whose default value is '/'. What difference would it make if we use '/' instead of 'X'.

While executing the program, I am getting an error saying '<b>BDC_OPEN_GROUP, lock date ./. is invalid</b>'.

What could be the possible reason for this. Can anyone help on the same.

Regards,

Pradeep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The allowed values for the field KEEP are either 'X' or SPACE

the value '/' is not allowed

We pass this symbol SLASH generally in Direct input programs for the fields where there is no data required

So chage it if it is not direct input method.

Allow 'X' means the session will be kept in the system for future, if it is space the session will be removed from the system

Reward points for useful Answers

Regards

Anji

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The allowed values for the field KEEP are either 'X' or SPACE

the value '/' is not allowed

We pass this symbol SLASH generally in Direct input programs for the fields where there is no data required

So chage it if it is not direct input method.

Allow 'X' means the session will be kept in the system for future, if it is space the session will be removed from the system

Reward points for useful Answers

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Here, they have used the Direct Input Method. Still I am getting the error that I have told in my question. Is there any solution how I can rectify the same.

-Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The sign / means no data, but it shouldn't be used for the structure for session data, I think it should be <b>SPACE</b> or<b> X</b>.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi paddu..

please change the '/' to either space or 'X'.

the error is because of the / sign.

former_member687052
Participant
0 Kudos

Here, they have used the Direct Input Method. But, still i am getting the same error that I told before. What could be the possible solution to solve this problem?

-Pradeep.