Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual Purchase Order

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone explain the concept of Individual Purchase Orders?

I have created a Sales Order with item Category Group as BANC with a Purchase Requisition.But Creating a Purchase Order is not supported and whenI went to delivery with that order the required quantity is posted as Negative Sales Order Stock.

Can anyone mail me a link for it?

Regards,

Sarosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You need to maintain the following for IPO.

Purchase Documents: Item Category - S

Sales Order: Item Category - S

In Material Master - Sales: Sales Org Data

Maintain Item Category group as BANC.

If you specify the item category as S in sales order for the lin item, it will automatically triggers PR. Delivery of PO comes to us not to the customer as like third party sales.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarosh,

the individual purchase order has the following concept. You create the sales order, you have no goods in the stock, but you can procure the goods externally (as third-party case). The process is similar to third-party but with one difference: the vendor sends the goods not your customer directly, but to you, and you deliver the goods to the customer.

So, in individual purchase order process the sales order item is relevant for delivery. As an example, you can use in the standard system the item category TAB and the schedule line category CB. Please check the customizing of TAB and CB in transactions VOV7 and VOV6 respectively.

In the tzransaction VOV6 you must indicate the "Order Type" is NB. Item category should be 0. It is very important. I can recommend you to read also the following FAQ notes of SAP, where many details to the individual purchase order process are described pretty well:

550362, 549365, 550388, 549583, 550192, 549972.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Individual purchase orders are used when your customer orders goods from you that are not in stock and must be ordered from one or more external vendors.

During sales order entry, the system automatically creates a purchase requisition item. The purchasing department creates a purchase order based on the requisition and the vendor ships the goods directly to you (unlike third party order processing, where the vendor ships directly to your customer). You then ship the goods to your customer. While the goods are part of your inventory, you manage them as part of the sales order stock. Sales order stock consists of stock that is assigned to specific sales orders and cannot be used for other purposes. The processing of individual purchase orders is controlled by the material type. Material types define whether a material is produced only internally, can be ordered only from third-party vendors, or whether both are possible If you procure a material exclusively by individual purchase order, you can define in the material master record that the material is always treated as an individual purchase order item during sales processing. The system will then automatically determine the appropriate item category TAB.

To identify a material as an individual purchase order item in the material master record, enter BANC in the field Item category group on the Sales: sales org. 2 screen.Enter the item category group NORM in the Item category group field in the Sales: sales org. 2 screen of the material master record for materials that you normally produce yourself.

If, as an exception, you purchase a material using an individual purchase order, change the entry in the ItCa field in the sales document from TAN to TAB.After you save a sales order containing individual purchase order items, the system automatically copies the numbers of the corresponding purchase requisitions into the sales order. Select the individual purchase item on the Item Overview tab page in the sales order, on the overview screen, and choose Goto ® Item ® Schedule lines. Select a schedule line and choose Procurement.

The system displays a screen showing the procurement details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tell me what is your error message?

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I got an error that the Item Category is not relevant Purchase Order item.

Regards,

Sarosh